Morning in Anchorage

RondaRed

This Sunday I head to Anchorage arriving there about 10 PM. I have the princess train transfer to the ship. It is my understanding that about 2:30 they will transport us to the train station. Does anyone have any suggestions for something to do in the morning in Anchorage. We will be staying at the Captain Cook. Is there an Earthquake museum? I was actually in Fairbanks the day of the big earthquake but I was only 3 years old at the time. Thanks for any suggestions.

Ronda

Ronda, I don't have an answer to your question, but I'm hoping you get some answers! We will be in Anchorage on July 3, and have all of July 4, after morning church, free for exploring. I'm looking forward to any suggestions.
Bobbi

There are exhibits regarding the 1964 earthquake at the Anchorage museum on 7th, or you can go by car, bus or cab to Earthquake Park out in the Turnagain neighborhood. Decent interpretive stuff and a good view of downtown Anc. over Cook Inlet.

Otherwise, it's the same as most downtown areas - shop, eat - the usual. You might try the Downtown Deli for breakfast (part owned by the ex-Governor) for okay lox and bagels. Look at the Captain Cook statue at 3rd and L from the right angle and see how excited the good Capt. was at the view [img]http://messages.cruisecritic.com/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif[/img]

Archived