Best ever waterproof mascara & eyeliner??

bnsilly

i'm new here to the fashion board but i LUV makeup-cheap, expensive you name it.

I'm a fan of Bobbi Browns Gel eyeliner..I can't get it off w/o make up remover.

For mascara I usually go for Maybelline..my fave is Lash Stylist waterproof. I've tried all kinds of expensive mascara but always go back to Maybelline

i usually don't post on this board but I have just bought a new eyeliner and it is seriosly the best I have EVER used! Its covergirls new line exact eye liner. I've always loves liquid liner, but the applicators are so hard to use! This is seriously like a sharpie. It is so easy and very long lasting! I don't think it says waterproof on the package, but i definately have to use eye makeup remover to get it off. And it's only around 5 or 6 dollars.

as for mascara, i use bad gal from sephora. It is amazing, but i dont think it comes in waterproof, so thats no help lol.

Best waterproof mascara (IMHO): Cover girl Volume Exact, which comes in either the regular or waterproof. No clumps, no mess. It does exactly as it advertises. That brush is awesome! :)

I use Clinique Brush On Cream eyeliner. It is waterproof and it stays. If you're not 100% confident using a liquid (like me!), this is a good place to start. It's not as hard as a pencil but not completely soft like a liquid either. The little pot it comes in is probably going to last me for quite some time. I have been using it almost daily for about 2 months and have barely dented the surface.

HTH!

I just bought Almay waterproof mascara!! It says tearproof, humidty-proof, pool and ocean tested!! And its suitable for contact lens wearers. I tried it and put it to the test!1 And it does exactly what it says. I'm sticking with it. Now to get and eyeliner that works that great!!:)

I love Almay..I think I will try that one first...not sure about eyeliners though...just seems like some of the creams mentioned would come off in the water..:confused: Looking for something that I can apply just a little of for an island trip so I don't look completely horrible....

Clinique's cream gel should be waterproof, but it's very hard to apply. It's thick, and it's hard not to get a big glob of it on the brush. The brush is short and stubby so I used the brush that comes with the water resistant cake eyeliner, but it didn't help much. I've stopped using it, and my Clinique rep. told me it's not getting good reviews from customers. I've been using the cake eyeliner for more than 20 years and I love it, but it is definitely not waterproof.

My favorite eyeliner is Lancome Le Stylo Waterproof. Since I live in Arizona, it has to pass the perspiration and swimming pool tests. Although Estee Lauder has a shade I prefer, it does not have the staying power of the Lancome product. I have tried the majority of the drugstore brands as well as Chanel before coming to this conclusion.

Clinique's cream gel should be waterproof, but it's very hard to apply. It's thick, and it's hard not to get a big glob of it on the brush. The brush is short and stubby so I used the brush that comes with the water resistant cake eyeliner, but it didn't help much. I've stopped using it, and my Clinique rep. told me it's not getting good reviews from customers. I've been using the cake eyeliner for more than 20 years and I love it, but it is definitely not waterproof.

I have an eyeliner brush I purchased with a longer handle. I could manage the stubby one, but I preferred the longer one.

To stop the clumps, gently brush the brush on the side or lip of the pot. I do this and have never had a problem with clumping.

• 1 month later...

Archived