Congratulations Oceania site..on NEAT posts

Napi's Mom

Just back over from the Azamara site and find it SUCH a relief to have these compact NEAT posts that say what you mean without the "Stuff" that Azamara and other sites allow.. One poster has 6 "countdown clocks" each 1 1/2" deep (plus 1 "Count UP clock "how long since LAST cruise!") and 45 past sailings listed down page one at a time...another has a huge 2" high glittery signature, all kinds of pictures added. Well to wade through all that for each post..so tedious...especially for a 2 or 3 word reply! I thought I remembered that there was a change last yr when I was posting here for a cruise and you no longer allowed all that... Hurray!!! pass this idea over to the Azamara board, please!!!:rolleyes:

Also just a note to say we are sailing on Azamara (12/8 panama canal) but think we'll be back to O soon...couldn't pass up the price we paid on this cruise but will wait to see just how much they've changed the decor of the ship ( very modern/ugly art all over the walls etc. but the ship will remain the same I hope!) Hopefully the crews will be half as great as those we had on Nautica! So far that is in doubt:D

Excellent point, Napi's mom. I'll clean up my past cruises one of these days - it, too, is getting a bit long.

The other thing that bugs me on other sites (and sometimes on this one) is the need to quote an entire comment when replying. Someone will post a whole page of comments, and the next person will then quote the whole thing and reply with "I agree", or words to that effect. If people would only quote the one or two items in a post that bear replying to...Oh well, there are worse things, I guess!

You probably hate my signature too but that's OK. I like to see what cruises people have taken. It helps balance their opinion on different matters in my mind.

If you don't want to see signatures just turn them off. Go to User CP and edit options. You will no longer have to see anyone's signatures, avatars, etc. :)

It has nothing to do with the Oceania board.

"The other thing that bugs me on other sites (and sometimes on this one) is the need to quote an entire comment when replying. Someone will post a whole page of comments, and the next person will then quote the whole thing and reply with "I agree", or words to that effect. If people would only quote the one or two items in a post that bear replying to...Oh well, there are worse things, I guess!"

I just made mention of that to someone on the Azamara site, as there is someone writing a "LOG" of his first trip aboard Quest. The gentleman is English..and at first wrote a highly cynical "critic" of his first days (Quests' first real longer trip out and having lots of birthing pangs) NOW however he's doing some great balanced reporting (no cruise can be all bad aboard a RENN ship right??) and he is very very witty. BUT when folks were taken to "Quoting" his WHOLE daily log (About 2' long a post) I suggested they might want to think twice about doing that,just to say "good review" as WE had just read it and didn't need to see it again SO SOON. What I just did to yours... "copy & paste" what it is you're commenting on... works great. BUt toddle over to the Az. board and read " Live from Quest...." (they don't have nearly as many posts to scroll thru) this guy IS really a good read, his tale of the so called "Afternoon Tea"...done by inexperienced waiters is ...well rivals the Mad Hatters teaparty!

Thanks for the tip about getting rid of all the "Stuff" Dayton girl!!:D

Archived