Interview the person below you

meganwithanh

Q. Ever smuggled booze on board?

A. No, actually. Hubby likes to sit at the Deck 10 aft bar and visit while he drinks his beer...I like to try different drinks at different venues. (About the anti-seasick drugs...We too, swear by ginger root capsules)

Question: What's the most unusual (unplanned) event :rolleyes: that's ever happened on one of your cruises?

Most unusual event - well there were three.
First: The maiden voyage of the Century was in late December. The ship had been built in Germany and sailed across the North Atlantic with crew in December. Needless to say there was much rocking and when the ship arrived in New York quite a few things had worked loose. While we were at dinner a light fell in the dining room and was hanging by its wires. But the corker was when I accused my hubby of leaving the shower curtain open and flooding the room. He calmly told me he did close the curtain and besides, there is a lip on the shower and the bathroom floor was dry. We left our room to go down to guest relations to tell them about our wet rug when we noticed a large contingent of crew standing outside our room and looking at our room as well as the wall across the hall. It seems a pipe burst in the wall across from us and flooded our room and the room next to us. I could just imagine what the room below ours was like. Luckily, there were only 300 passengers from New York to Ft. Lauderdale due to a snowstorm in New York. The funny thing about this was the ship did not have a wet-dry vac so in order to dry our rug, a crew member would come down to our room each morning with a blower, when we left our room, he would come in, plug in the blower and sit there. When we came back to the room, he would unplug the blower, leave our room and wait in the hall for us to leave again. This went on for 3 days until our carpet dried.
Second: On the same cruise, hubby wakes me up in the middle of the night to tell me we're tendered at the next port. I told him he was dreaming as we dock at the next port and there was no way we could be there yet. The next morning he wakes up, looks outside and says "This isn't what I saw last night". After a few days some of the crew explained the mystery. It seems that a tour group got stuck in Christmas traffic in Puerto Rico and missed the ship. The ship found out about it a few hours later and went back to San Juan and tendered so that a pilot boat could bring out the stranded passengers. Since the pilot boat could only carry so many passengers, it had to make several trips to bring all the passengers and out to the ship. Since this time, we have noticed that shore excursions are now checked out and checked in.
Third: On our southern caribbean cruise, we cruised about a week after a hurricane. All of sudden the captain started going in a circle. He announced that the coast guard had asked us to take part in a search and rescue mission as a small boat was found capsized. All the passengers stood at the rail looking out. Luckily, they did not find anyone and think the boat just drifted out during the hurricane. The coast guard finally released us.

Next question: Probably has already been asked but worth asking again: What is your favorite Celebrity dessert?

[quote name='hajekfam']...Next question: Probably has already been asked but worth asking again: What is your favorite Celebrity dessert?[/QUOTE]
No contest-- Diabetic Creme Brulee:D

Previous question -- we, too, had a circling at sea event, but ours was an old ship (the Atlas) and something broke on the right side of the ship causing us to turn in quite tight circles. :eek: They finally stopped the left side 'whatever' and spent six hours doing a repair at sea while we drifted--this was mid-Atlantic. Coincidentally it was crown King Neptune Day because we were crossing the deepest part of the Atlantic Ocean.

Next question: How old were your children when you first took or sent them on a cruise?

Terry:)

P.S. Hi Jane.

We only discovered cruising 3 years ago and have not yet introduced our children to cruising, they are 26 and 22 and not living at home, one is married and one nearly. They have now heard so many of our wonderful tales of adventure on the high seas that I feel sure they will join us soon.

My question:-
Do you enjoy meeting people from many parts of the world and if so what is your most memorable experience.

• 3 weeks later...

Archived