percentage of 1st time cruisers

MISSSNOOPYGIRL

Does anyone know, on a typical Carnival cruise, what percentage are 1st time cruisers and which are past guests? Thanks!

I don't have a clue but I can tell you that most first time cruisers elect to sail on the shorter cruises... three, four and five day.

Based strictly on past experience, our cruise to Canada on the Victory had an older crowd and fewer first time cruisers.

Our 4 and 5 day cruises have had the largest number of first time cruisers.

Based strictly on past experience, our cruise to Canada on the Victory had an older crowd and fewer first time cruisers.

Our 4 and 5 day cruises have had the largest number of first time cruisers.

Just practicing that all..:D

In an article in the Currents magazine a few issues ago, Uncle Bob said numbers that work out to around 1/3 of Carnival cruisers are return customers.

Which when you think about it isn't very good.

Geez... To me it looks like they pick up a bunch of new customers constantly!

When two thirds of the folks sailing are new customers those are big numbers, especially considering that most ships sail at or near capacity.

I wonder what the cost to acquire a new customer is v. retaining a past guest???

I estimate the percentage of first-time cruisers at somewhere between 1% and 100%. I also estimate the percentage of previous cruisers to be between 1% and 100%.

Aside from that smart alec :rolleyes: answer, I have no authoratative voice on the matter.

Sorry...it was a long day at work and I'm feeling kind of punchy, but in a good way!:o

On our last 7 day cruise, on the Legend, the past guest party was at capasity (first floor) in the show lounge. And on the Holiday, it was full in the largest dance lounge, so I would think the percentage of PG's were over 30 % (and some don't show up for the party) IMO:rolleyes:

Hmmmm.... Anyone up for a game of "Spot the Blue S&S Cards" next cruise? :D

:D :D If you spot my Blue S&S Card, I'm just a First Time Cruiser, with Carnival:rolleyes: . So, the card doesn't always mean, First Time Cruiser.:D :D

:D :D If you spot my Blue S&S Card, I'm just a First Time Cruiser, with Carnival:rolleyes: . So, the card doesn't always mean, First Time Cruiser.:D :D

I am going to hide mine on my first carnival cruise next month!!

Not!!!!

Geez... To me it looks like they pick up a bunch of new customers constantly!

True, but on the other hand it does look like they have trouble keeping most of their customers.

On the other, other hand, their capacity is constantly increasing so I guess they have room for lots of new customers without losing that many old ones.

On the other, other, other hand .... UB seemed happy with the numbers, so what do I know. :cool:

Archived