ever booked 1 at military rate, then switched your other cabins to f&f rate? If so..

bubbles1209

For those of you that booked say 3 cabins, 1 under the military, and the other 2 normally, then when friends & family came open, switched the other 2 to the friends & family rate................When you had it switched over whether it was via PVP, Supervisor, whichever, did they switch the booking to reflect the military price as it was when you originally booked, or did the military rate go up and they had to change the price of your cabin? Do ya follow me?

Here's the deal.........We booked 3 cabins, a 9a wrap, an 8c balcony, & a 1a on the Verandah deck. The 9a wrap we were able to get the military discount on, and was told that when the F&F came open, they would switch the 8c to the military rate, and the 1a doesn't get the discount. Ok, understood about the 1a to begin with. Well, today we found out that when she tried to do it, that the 9a had gone up $150, and the 8c had gone down a $150 so it was awash. So now, the 8c cabin is costing us more than the 9a. Does this make any sense to anyone? If so, can you help me understand it? I'm gonna try and get it all straight tomorrow, but I don't see paying a higher price for a lower category cabin.:confused:

We have friends that cruise all the time, and use the Military rate. Once a year we get to go along....Yippee! On the last cruise we all booked at the same time, they at the Military rate and us at the regular rate. Then Friends and Family came along. In order for us to get that rate, we had to redo our booking and their rate went up $42. No biggie...We, and the other couple who also booked were more than happy to give them $21 each to have our rate go down over $200!

For our upcoming cruise we had 2 balconcy cabins and two inside cabins, all on the verdanda deck. I got the military rate on one balcony, past guest on the other 3. F&F came along a few months later. We used it on one interior (that had 3 kids in it) and one balcony. The room rates had gone up a little but we still saved hundreds. The original cabin booked military did not change. All done thru a TA (that specializes in travel - but especially insurance - for military officers).

I booked Mil along with 3 other cabins............when I talked to the CVS that I use all of the time about the friend and family.....he checked all of the cabins because of different categories. He applied it to specific cabins because there was a rate decrease and we saved more on one cabin vs another.

Your military cabin is subject to the current rate if you are adding friends and family now. that is why they are adjusting it to the new price. just keep an eye on it, i'm sure they raised prices, and maybe towards the end of the month they might go down?:rolleyes:

The original cabin booked military did not change
They are wanting to jump our orginal cabin price up to the current military rate just so we can include the 8c cabin for the friends & family. Why should our cabin price go up at all? We selected our cabin early because they sell so quickly, then when we found out about the f&f rate, were told we'd save up to $150pp in the 8c. Now, they're saying our rate will go up for our orginal cabin that was booked military, and that the discount the 8c would get would make it awash. Ours goes up $125pp, military discount gets them $150 off pp. That's only a $50.00 difference, making our 8c more expensive than our 9a. What's the point?

Archived