Questions concerning Capital One Mastercard

OTTER

I have the card and want to cash in points for money off my next cruise in March. Was wondering if this is easy to do and if when I book the cruise, will my travel agent (cruise411) have any problem accepting the certificate/coupon/confirmation number?

I have the card and want to cash in points for money off my next cruise in March. Was wondering if this is easy to do and if when I book the cruise, will my travel agent (cruise411) have any problem accepting the certificate/coupon/confirmation number?

I am getting ready to use mine....I was told yes you can book thru a agent if you are doing 1000 off or 500 off or 200 off but if you are doing free cruise its better to book with Carnival..Let me know how you make out and I will do the same...sometimes you get a better deal going dollars off....sometimes its better to do free companion.....check rates...

I have used my CapitalOne rewards several times. You are better off using the cash option as you can use your own TA. However, you need to check with your TA to be sure they take it, some don't and some will discount it (such as CruiseQuick who discounts it by 16%). ICruise will not take them at all. Just be sure to call for your rewards points well in advance of the booking. They say to allow 24-48 hours for them to process it. You don't get a paper certificate, just a long number (which is actually the date & time of your call). It took 3 weeks the last time I used one when booking a cruise. When you use the cash option, you cannot use it for the deposit itself.

I'm going with the $500 off option. Has anyone tried to use the money off with Cruise411? Or who have you used? and what if I try to use it over a holiday? I will be travelling over the Easter weekend.

These rewards are not redeemed thru your TA but thru CCL direct. No matter who you booked it thru,once you get a booking number you can then call the CC company to redeem your points.They will give you a very long number and you must wait 2 days.After 2 days,you call CCL and choose the fun rewards option and get forwarded to the promotions dept. You give them the long number and your booking number and they apply it as a direct credit off the cruise.Your TA won't know until they check your booking or they get final payment info.

There are several agencies who will discount the value of it by 16% once they find out.These are the flat commision rate agencies who don't care what you ultimately end up paying just as long as they get their fixed comission.

If you use Icruise and they don't take it,call CCL and ask for the promotions manager and they will make them take it,or will honor the price and will allow you to book direct.This is a CCL program and they administer it not Cap1.

Steve

Archived