I'm Soooo Excited!!!

trulyfree

Hi everyone,

I am so excited! I leave on my first cruise EVER in 15 days and counting!

My question to everyone is how do you find out what there is to do in the ship?

Like can you take a tour of the ship?

What activities are there when you are out to sea?

Spa Prices? I looked every where and it just seems like there is very old data, any one back from a cruise who would know?

I am cruise in the Carnival Valor 11/25/07

Thanks Everyone!

Read the daily paper that is delivered to your cabin. It will list activites and their times, the various shows, the dinner theme. On Princess we also get one for each port of call to bring us up to speed on the history of the port and some interesting features. Not sure if Carnival does this or not.

Have a great first cruise!

Charlie

Hi everyone,

Spa Prices? I looked every where and it just seems like there is very old data, any one back from a cruise who would know?

Thanks Everyone!

I can relate to your excitment. I leave in 13 days for our 3rd cruise and I am as excited as I was the first time. Have a great time on your cruise.

I leave in less than 2 days on my next cruise and I'm just as excited as I was the first time!

On Carnival the daily paper is the Carnival Capers and it will list all events taking place onboard. You should receive this in your cabin each night for the next day's activities. If it is for a port day it will have what time you need to be back on board and should also have the phone number for the Carnival port agent for whaterver port you are at.

I don't think there will be a ship tour. But you can give one to yourself. Just start on the top deck and work your way down. I do this everytime we sail on a new ship. Here's my day one order of events. Find cabin and drop off bags, stop at a bar and get my first foo foo drink, and then off for my self guided ship's tour. If we get hungry we stop for lunch along the way.

Have a great cruise.

Hi everyone,

Thanks Everyone!

Hello,

Part of the great fun of a cruise and especially a first cruise, is simply walking around and seeing the ship. After you put your suitcases away and attend the sailaway party, and climb to the highest point on the ship to watch the ship head out to sea, go for a long walk and explore the ship. You do not need anyone from the ship to do this.

Tours of the bridge will be announced in the ship's daily newspaper. And it is very interesting to see how the ship is piloted and the 180 degree views of the sea from the bridge.

Sea days are very special to people who enjoy cruises. There will all kinds of activities for you or if you choose, nothing at all except to get a deck chair, a good book and really be very comfortable.

It is especially nice to have a leisurely lunch in the dining room on sea days.

Hope that this helps.

Fred

When we board, we usually drop off our bags in our cabin, then head up for some lunch. After that, we explore the ship from top to bottom to get oriented. Go by the spa first if you're interested in that, since Carnival ships usually have spa tours during embarkation. You should be able to get a price list then. You will find a schedule of that day's activities already in your cabin. I would suggest that you print out and take along the deck plans for your ship, since they don't always have them available. There are always maps near every elevator, though.

Freddiebud, you're a step ahead of me. I was just getting ready to link trulyfree to that site.

Trulyfree, have a wonderful cruise! You'll be hooked. You'll probably be given a little map of the ship along w/ your boarding pass (Sailpass, etc.), you can familiarize yourself with the ship by using it.

Just remember there is so much to do and no way possible to do all! that is the charm of cruising-they offer enough variety in entertainment that it never becomes boring.

Now my husband and I look for cruises that have lots of sea days as to being port intensive.

I can't say for sure on Carnival, as I haven't had a chance to cruise with them as of yet, but Celebrity and RCL have tours of the Spa the first day - they will usually pick people from the tour group for little demonstrations - you can get a bit of a freebie!

Have a great cruise - you'll soon be addicted like the rest of us!!:D

Happy cruising!

Kim.

Hello,

Tours of the bridge will be announced in the ship's daily newspaper. And it is very interesting to see how the ship is piloted and the 180 degree views of the sea from the bridge.

Fred

What cruise lines have bridge tours? I have read that they ceased after 9/11. There definitely are none on HAL since then.

Our first cruise was on the Carnival Conquest and there was a tour of the ship, if a "tour" is what you call it. The young lady showed us where the spa was, dining room, buffet areas, lounges, pool, etc. Did we see the brig? No but at least we had a basic idea of where everything was located.

PLEASE BE WARNED! Cruising is addictive and can be hazardous to your budget.

I leave on my first cruise on Jan. 6 on the Valor as well, and I swing between being kind of excited to being downright scared spitless!

Dee:o

You shouldn't be "kind of excited", you should be EXCITED. Definitely there is no reason to be scared spitless - what makes you feel like this?

We just did our first cruise last month and have already booked another one for next October! You will absolutely love the cruise and everything that goes with it. It's relaxing, adventurous, romantic...I could go on and on about how much you will enjoy it. The downside - major downside - is disembarking, you actually won't want to leave the ship!

Enjoy, enjoy, enjoy. We have another almost 11 months to wait before we cruise again and already I'm getting EXCITED.:)

I leave on my first cruise on Jan. 6 on the Valor as well, and I swing between being kind of excited to being downright scared spitless!

Dee:o

I'm curious as well. Why are you so scared? :confused: Maybe we can help ease whatever concern you have??

Hi, If you really want to know what is going on....I found the following website helpful. It is http://www.cruisedailies.com When you get to their home page click Itinerary in the left hand column then click the destination. I believe that the different ships will come up. We used this for our Caribbean Princess trip and you can read the ships daily paper and see what is offered and going on every day. They do not change their weekly itineraries unless they are changing route...ie port of departure or visiting ports.

Have a great cruise!!!!

Archived