Tours of Island

katzeyes

Does anyone know the best way to see and learn about the island while we are there? My hubby is not interested in the beach or the stingrays and I am looking into other options. Would it be best to rent a car or try and get a tour of the island from Captain Marvins/Nativeway/cab driver? If anyone has done any of this and can help me with a decision I would appreciate it. THANKS!:)

Does anyone know the best way to see and learn about the island while we are there? My hubby is not interested in the beach or the stingrays and I am looking into other options. Would it be best to rent a car or try and get a tour of the island from Captain Marvins/Nativeway/cab driver? If anyone has done any of this and can help me with a decision I would appreciate it. THANKS!:)

I'd rent a car and drive around the island. We always get a rental car when there for the week, and just get out and explore. We particularly enjoy the East End. Grand Cayman is one of those rare places where you can feel completely safe anywhere on the island. Just use the same precautions you would at home.

We always rent from Andy's.

Driving on the island is a lot easier than you think. The first time we were worried about driving on the opposite side of the road, but it's really pretty easy to get used to and the traffic does not move fast (anywhere on the island) so it's easy to just toodle along. If the traffic is stopped for whatever reason, someone will always let you in. If you let someone in, they'll toot their horn (and sometimes wave) to show their appreciation.

Have fun! :)

Driving on the island is a lot easier than you think. The first time we were worried about driving on the opposite side of the road, but it's really pretty easy to get used to and the traffic does not move fast (anywhere on the island) so it's easy to just toodle along. If the traffic is stopped for whatever reason, someone will always let you in. If you let someone in, they'll toot their horn (and sometimes wave) to show their appreciation.

Have fun! :)

Twinkletoes,

Do you know how much a taxi would be from say Royal Palms to Turtle Farms? Also how long this would take? We want to go to the beach early before the crowds get there then take a taxi to Hell and turtle farm before heading back to the ship.

Sheila

Archived