CB 10/28/07 - 11/4/07....What Do You Want To Know

Ace51

Hello!

Did you like the La Quinta in Hollywood? Thanks for your reply.

Joanne:)

It was very clean, and for the price we paid ($79 w/ Auto Club Discount), we were happy with it. Near restaurants, and has free shuttles.

We are doing the CB eastern on Jan 6th. Also staying at LaQuinta. We knew it wasn't fancy, just glad to hear it is clean, has breakfast & shuttles to both the airport & cruiseport. We don't need anything fancy & I hate to pay more than this for a room. ( ours was 110 I think & that is plenty for us since we are staying three nights prior & one night after.)

About the tours you took on St Thomas & St Maarten., we are looking for something for my folks to do who are both 80 . Want a nice air conditioned tour, nothing with walking more than a short distance, & more sight seeing. Did either of your excursions sound like they would fit the bill on this for them? The rest of our group was just going to go to the beach in St Thomas. & St Maarten.

How was the entertainment or shows in the theater? How about the cruise director.? We were on the CB back in June 06. Loved the ship, loved the balcony rooms, but didn't think too much of the shows are rarely saw the cruise director. Maybe they have changed since then. Thanks for any information you can give.

Hmmmmm.........most tours offered are walking tours. As far as the CD, he was mainly visible only during the shows. Tim Donovan I believe was his name. His staff was more visible/accountable then he was.

The shows seemed to be the typical "cruise ship" script. Sorry, but every Cruise I have been on has had the "Newlywed Game" Show with the same damn questions. C'mon.....Get something new.

We like to do our own tours. What did you do in St. Martin? How did you get around?

We rode the Water Taxi into town, and walked once we were there. We bought a round-trip "band," so we rode the Water Taxi back to the ship.

Yes, it was in the Buffet. :) Not as bad as you would think.

Ace...will agree with you on Octoberfest. I could not believe that I went for two full plates!! Food was authentic. At tea the next day, there was a German couple complaining that the Americans were eating the wrong sides with the different types of sausages offered. It doesn't get any more authentic than that.:D

Mexican night was the only other night we did buffet, quite the disappointment. Sorry, guys, fajitas on a buffet are strictly a lunch item. Not a lot of selection that night.

I must say though that the dinner touches to the Caribe buffet were nice and that the servers were more pleasant , in my opinion, than the Palm.

Kudos to Rita from Portugal(server in Caribe). You cannot miss her winning smile and gracious service!!!!!!!!!!!!:D :D

Archived