Need Help Picking a State Room on Valor

Sunrayz

Hey everyone...new to cruising and will be booking my first one in the next couple of months. Will be sailing on Valor in Jan 09. That being said, wondering if I could get the best location to be in regards to the stateroom. I have not decided if I am going to get an interior or ocean view. From the prices that my TA gave me, it is only a $100 diffrence between the two. If I could get some ideas on the best location and deck that would be great.

thanx

SunRayz:)

I would go with the OV. Insides are too dark for me, but you may prefer it.

Also, I would try to get a cabin sandwiched between two decks of cabins. I wouldn't want to be above the disco or right below Lido.

As far as motion, they say midships is best. But the motion doesn't bother me....in fact, I love it!

Enjoy your cruise!!!

On the Valor, most ocean views are low on the ship, either Deck 1 or 2, or in the front of the ship, there are a few scattered in the aft also.

Just make sure you try and pick a cabin that is not below the galley.

If i had to pick an oceanview cabin on the Valor for me, i would pick deck 2 aft but everyone has their personal preference.

Just to throw in a different take on the cabin thing....I agree with the other posters..midship=less motion more convenience...but if you want an OV that's different and really spectacular...go with the OV's on Spa deck..

Pros...Floor to ceiling windows =a view to die for...very quiet up on that deck..even though the kids area is right above we never heard a thing!

Cons...Not as convenient to everything but we all need the exercise anyway right?

Actually the forward elevators are right down the hall..so it's not too bad.

We had Spa deck 1102 on Glory a few years ago and liked it so much we had the same stateroom on Valor last Spring. I like it almost as much as a balcony.

Those two cabins are a great value and are usually chosen well in advance by those in the know about them. If rock bottom pricing is an issue and these cabins are gone, then I would choose an inside or OV guarantee. Also, don't be locked into just 1 TA that you had used in the past , unless they are a close friend. Utilize cruise compete dot com. It's a competitive world out there.

We were on the Valor this past May and got an ocean view (room # 2304) and it was a great location. We didn't hear any noise, didn't feel any movement & it was close to the elevator. It was a connecting room, but we didn't know. The room was bigger, it even had a sofa bed!!! anyways, any room in the middle of the ship will be ok (check what's on above your room) make sure there's no club, theater or anything that 'could' be noisy.

I would suggest cabin 2462 or 2465 the 1A with the 2 picture windows.. OV at a 1A price.:D

Yep....my DD had one of those on Valor. She loved it. Two windows, good floor space. Didn't have a sofa, but she didn't miss it.

If having a room that has no chance of being above or below a public area is important....the Empress deck (deck 7) is the only one one on the Valor that is sandwiched between decks that have no public areas. We had two balcony staterooms in about the middle of the deck and loved them! The divider betweent the balconies can be folded back to make one single balcony.

Scout aka Carol

Dayton, OH

Carnival Valor~December 2005

Hey everyone...new to cruising and will be booking my first one in the next couple of months. Will be sailing on Valor in Jan 09. That being said, wondering if I could get the best location to be in regards to the stateroom. I have not decided if I am going to get an interior or ocean view. From the prices that my TA gave me, it is only a $100 diffrence between the two. If I could get some ideas on the best location and deck that would be great.

thanx

SunRayz:)

I have only cruised interior to save money. However, on this last cruise, a couple we met invited us to their room for drinks and they had an ocean view. My DH and I were amazed at the size difference. We both said that next time we cruise we will ATLEAST have an ocean view room. We loved being on the Riviera deck, mainly for the fact that I get sea sick easily, so we stayed midship on the lowest possible floor. The dining rooms are on floors 3 & 4 respectively, and the promenade deck is the main area of traffic, which is deck 5. We loved being so close to those floors. We took elevators up to the lido deck on sea days, and they were REALLY quick, so you don't have to wait around a long time. Plus, being down below, you are guaranteed you are not over/under the pool, restaurants, or theater. Just my personal preference.

• 2 years later...
We were on the Valor this past May and got an ocean view (room # 2304) and it was a great location. We didn't hear any noise, didn't feel any movement & it was close to the elevator. It was a connecting room, but we didn't know. The room was bigger, it even had a sofa bed!!! anyways, any room in the middle of the ship will be ok (check what's on above your room) make sure there's no club, theater or anything that 'could' be noisy.

I realize this is a very old post, but you wouldn't happen to have photos you could post of room 2304, would you? Thanks.

I have stayed on the conquest in the back aft corner rooms. They are as large as a suite for the price of an OV. We actually love these rooms. We have had 2470(sames as 2473). They are huge and have two windows. Also, 2474 and 2477 are great. Also have two windows.

There is some morning noise on port days, but that is okay with us cause we use it as our alarm notifiying us it's time to get up and get off the boat for our day of fun. You may want to try these out.

Archived