New Snorkeler

Newbcruiser1

We're flying on Air Canada both ways, from/to Toronto.

I'm weird like this, but I'd rather not mention our room number online... we do have a balcony room though.

Did you settle on which excursion to do? I was leaning towards the cheaper one when we were debating since it mentioned it had a washroom, etc. I figure it may be a bigger boat, etc.

We took the AC flight out on the morning of the 23rd because it was WAY cheaper. We got a great deal on our hotels on Priceline so it's not a big deal.

I completely understand - I was hesitant to provide my stateroom in the roll call thread, but I guess the worst that can happen is someone knocking on our door, hehe. This is going to be our first balcony (all our rooms on previous cruises have been OV) and we are SO thrilled to experience that. I bet you'll love it too!

We are mostly settled on the cheaper one just to save the $10 (that's 2 more drinks each!) since we honestly can't see what one would have over the other. We won't book our excursions until we are on board so that would give us a chance to ask the excursions desk staff what the difference between them actually is. If there is little to no difference then we'll probably go for the cheaper one.

Any ideas what you're doing in the other ports? We are essentially settled on Key West, Cozumel and Grand Cayman, but we are totally not sure what to do in Jamaica.

-Laura.

Any ideas what you're doing in the other ports? We are essentially settled on Key West, Cozumel and Grand Cayman, but we are totally not sure what to do in Jamaica.

-Laura.

We are either thinking of Chankanaab or Paradise Beach in Cozumel, and walking around in Key West just to check things out for a little while. As far as Jamaica goes, I think we'll probably stay on the ship! What about you guys?

We are either thinking of Chankanaab or Paradise Beach in Cozumel, and walking around in Key West just to check things out for a little while. As far as Jamaica goes, I think we'll probably stay on the ship! What about you guys?

Haha, that sounds a lot like our plans! In Cozumel we are planning to head to Paradise Beach (maybe we should share a cab!) and we are just going to walk around Duval Street and downtown Key West for an hour or two.

In Jamaica, I would like to do Dunn's River Falls, but I am not sure if it will be worth all the money (and the 1.5 hour bus ride both ways).

If you wish to share, what are the ages of you and your friend? My husband will be 27 (his birthday is on the 12th) and I am 25.

-Laura.

We are both in our early 20's! So not too far off from you and your husband!

We were looking at Dunn's River Falls but were turned off by the fact that it's so far away from Montego Bay. I think we'll just have our own sea day and enjoy the non-crowded pool and activities!

We are both in our early 20's! So not too far off from you and your husband!

We were looking at Dunn's River Falls but were turned off by the fact that it's so far away from Montego Bay. I think we'll just have our own sea day and enjoy the non-crowded pool and activities!

Fantastic! We were hoping that there would be people our age on the ship! We are hoping for some nightlife on board. :)

That is the one thing that is really discouraging us from doing Dunn's River Falls - the distance. It costs more and you spend half the day on a bus. I am torn because I really want to see Jamaica and none of the other excursions really appeal to me. Luckily it is the last port so we have time to think about what we want to do.

I do hope we get to meet on board since we seem to have similar tastes - you know where we are if you want to come by and say hi. :) Also - just in case, my e-mail address is LMB19 at hotmail dot com.

-Laura.

I'm sure things will work out with the excursion. Perhaps you will find some others onboard who have done the Dunn's River Falls and can tell you if it's worth it or not! :)

Anyway hopefully we'll find eachother onboard! We just might take you up on that offer to come by and say HI! (like you said, posting your room number might get you some knocks on the door! haha). And thanks for your e-mail address!

Take care and happy packing!

Archived