Silly Luggage Tag Question????

ksjhawk74

Yes, I am a first timer cruiser. My sons and I will be on the Freedom the week of Christmas for the Western Caribbean cruise. I've printed my e-docs.....using a black and white printer. I noticed that the luggage tags are a mint green color when viewing online, however they are in black and white in my hands at this time. Is there any significance to the color of the tag? Should I reprint the tags using a color printer? I don't want to confuse the baggage handlers. :eek:

We are really excited to start our first time crusing adventure on a new ship, to boot! :D Thanks to all for the marvelous suggestions for us newbies.

Then that brings up another question.

I booked IS gaurantee and I haven't been assigned a cabin yet. My tags were mint green. If I am assigned a cabin between now and cruise date will I get new luggage tags with the appropriate color? I selected online documents.

Then that brings up another question.

I booked IS gaurantee and I haven't been assigned a cabin yet. My tags were mint green. If I am assigned a cabin between now and cruise date will I get new luggage tags with the appropriate color? I selected online documents.

Do your tags say "TBA" on it or is there a cabin number? My TBA tags for the Fantasy in December are light blue. Maybe the different ships have different colored TBA?

Yep, TBA. On Freedom 1/26/08

If your luggage tags are TBA, there should be no reason for color. They will only replace them once you get to the dock.

Keep checking though. You still have awhile for your cabin assignment and they may reissue your tags.

Yes, I am a first timer cruiser. My sons and I will be on the Freedom the week of Christmas for the Western Caribbean cruise. I've printed my e-docs.....using a black and white printer. I noticed that the luggage tags are a mint green color when viewing online, however they are in black and white in my hands at this time. Is there any significance to the color of the tag? Should I reprint the tags using a color printer? I don't want to confuse the baggage handlers. :eek:

We are really excited to start our first time crusing adventure on a new ship, to boot! :D Thanks to all for the marvelous suggestions for us newbies.

The color means nothing. Zero, zip, nada...

It's the bar code on the tag that identifies your bag.

Some of the luggage tags print pale blue, some print out in a peach or orange color.

You're black and white tags are fine. Not to worry.

As for debark, you'll be provided with tags with will identify the group that you'll be in.

Here's what mine looked like:

debark.jpg

The color means nothing. Zero, zip, nada...

It's the bar code on the tag that identifies your bag.

Some of the luggage tags print pale blue, some print out in a peach or orange color.

You're black and white tags are fine. Not to worry.

As for debark, you'll be provided with tags with will identify the group that you'll be in.

Here's what mine looked like:

debark.jpg

Where's the bar code?

:cool:

Thanks Machman! I just could not see going to the trouble of using color when there was a bar tag on the luggage tag to begin with.

Using a laser printer has the additional benefit of the tags not being prone to running as a color tag would in any kind of precipitation.

You'll still want to re-enforce them somehow to prevent them from tearing off your luggage while it's being loaded aboard the ship.

I've printed my e-docs.....using a black and white printer. I noticed that the luggage tags are a mint green color when viewing online, however they are in black and white in my hands at this time.

On my Deck when other luggages arrived I noticed that alot of the tags were also printed in Black and White and still made it to their cabin doors.

I will print my next tags in Black & While also to save on ink.

TBA Tags the ones you used to get in the mail or the one you can still get at the pier are Greyish Black. I know because I used to always go TBA and they were all the Grayish black color on all ships. Didnt matter what deck you were on.

So far I have only seen the Lite Blue and Lite Orange eDocs tags.

Fred

Now I'm confused ... how will I attach my tags if I should get them at the dock? Should I bring tape? I didn't realize they went away with the rubberband tags =)

The ones at the Dock has the standard string/rubberband attached to them.

Fred

Now I'm confused ... how will I attach my tags if I should get them at the dock? Should I bring tape? I didn't realize they went away with the rubberband tags =)

If you want to wait until you get to the dock, just carry some self adhesive address labels to slap on them and a red Sharpie to write the cabin number on with.

As for the "color" paper tags...apparently the color means little, because the new luggage tags they are attaching inside the mailed documents are not in color.

I think the color is helpful but not necessary....

Gosh, how things change in a matter of 10 months =). Thanks for the update. I'll have to cruise more often next time. LOL

You need to have a cruise booked every 3 to 4 months, if not you will be out of the Loop :D This week while on the Elation, I learned that lobsters are now 3 inches and no more minute steak sandwiches at the grille :(

If this is standard on all Carnival ships we are screwed :confused:

Fred

:D

You need to have a cruise booked every 3 to 4 months, if not you will be out of the Loop :D This week while on the Elation, I learned that lobsters are now 3 inches and no more minute steak sandwiches at the grille :(

If this is standard on all Carnival ships we are screwed :confused:

Fred

I love being in the loop :rolleyes: Now if I can only convince my DH that I need a cruise every 3-4 months:D

Archived