protecting gear

goldengirl59

When we're done snorkeling, or diving, we rinse the gear right away, if possible. Dive shops usually have tanks or showers to do this. If we cannot, when we get back to the ship, all the gear goes in the shower, me included. I take every piece and thoroughly rinse it. From there it's allowed to air dry. Depending on what type of cabin we have booked, some of it might end up hanging in the shower, some might be on the floor, or it all might be on the balcony. Underwater camera housings are rinsed and towel dried before ever attempting to remove the camera.

When we're done snorkeling, or diving, we rinse the gear right away, if possible. Dive shops usually have tanks or showers to do this. If we cannot, when we get back to the ship, all the gear goes in the shower, me included. I take every piece and thoroughly rinse it. From there it's allowed to air dry. Depending on what type of cabin we have booked, some of it might end up hanging in the shower, some might be on the floor, or it all might be on the balcony. Underwater camera housings are rinsed and towel dried before ever attempting to remove the camera.

I do exactly the same.

The only problem is the shower size on Princess ships (I don't book suites). It ain't easy, but I manage.

The best use I've found for a balcony, in the Caribbean, is to dry snorkel gear and swim suits.

The worse thing you can do is not rinse off your gear. The sooner the better. Snorkel boats will at least have a rinse tank for masks and snorkels. Always use that, then do the fins and vest in the shower. It's also a good idea to rinse the mask and snorkel again when you get back to the ship. The boat rinse tanks often contain a soap solution. Those can be done in the sink.

Be thorough!

That darn salt water is corrosive as H E double hockey sticks.:mad:

Archived