Passport Fyi

ihhk

Hi all,

Applied for my passport on 8/11 and got it exactly 3 weeks later through the New Orleans passport office. I thought I would post this info as a guideline for those with enough time and the inclination to get one before sailing.

I would highly recommend the passport over ID/Birth Certificates, as I have read about problems/concerns with bringing the BC's (they STAMPED my original BC on a trip to the Dominican Republic and I couldn't be sorrier that my original BC has been 'defiled' in such a way! They won't do this on a ship, but if you take a beach vacation they could.).

Besides, you never know when a handsome stranger will invite you to Paris for lunch... gotta be prepared!

I guess the message here is that you really don't "need" the six weeks they claim it could take. Also, I think if you are travelling sooner rather than later, they bump you to the top of the pile.

11-27 days ... not a bad turn around time! Our government offices hard at work!

Archived