POA curious question

Xoe

I was in Honolulu 8/25-31 for a family celebration, staying with family members in their Harbor Court condo just above where POA docks. POA was several hours late leaving port the evening of August 29, and I wonder if any of you were on the sailing and can tell me why.

I cruised Hawaii on the Star in April 2002 and LOVED that cruise. We will be on the Star again in January 2005 for the Mexican coastal trip. I love freestyle cruising and the Star. (Also have loved Coral Princess, HA Amsterdam, Orient Lines' Marco Polo, et al. -- if the itinerary is good, I will love the ship! I also enjoyed two of the small old ships, "Love Boat" Island Princess and HA Noordam, both of which had great itineraries.)

I was not on that sailing, but it is not unusual for Sunday night cruise departures to be delayed. Many flight arrivals from the mainland are late. The cruise lines can usually afford to wait for them without missing any time in the next port. POA can depart as late as 1AM and still be on time in it`s next port - although it will cost them quite a bit more in fuel to make the necessary speed to get there on time.

Archived