Should we have a theme or is that cheesy ?

greatdanek9

Sometimes on a cruise I see groups of people who all have the same shirts, or hats, etc and it is clear that they all are working some type of "theme" for their group. This looks interesting to me but I am not sure how to pull it off successfully without looking too cheesy either. We are a group of 10 adults who all like Jimmy Buffet music and that laid back island style. Should I make up a name for our group ( "Parrots of the Caribbean" ?) and have t-shirts made as a gift for each person ? How can I come up with a cool Buffet-style design for a t-shirt and customize it to our cruise dates ? I am planning on putting together a CD of music for each couple and making a small gift basket for Xmas with typical small cruise necessities, to get them in the "mood". Our cruise is Jan 12 on Liberty OTS.

OR... I also thought of making a Top 10 list t-shirt like on D. Letterman. Maybe you guys can help think of a good Top 10 list that focuses on cruising, adults, drinking, karaoke, etc. Something like "Top 10 reasons to cruise RCCL "...

Post your ideas here for helping me achieve the theme idea, or for suggestions to the top 10 list !!! Looking forward to your answers !!

Amy

I don't do a whole t-shirt thing, although it would be really cool in my opinion!

It would embarass my kids-not that I'm opposed to that on occasion:)

Instead I take lots of pictures and make a scrapbook when I get home. Each

scrapbook has the "title" of our cruise, which are all a Jimmy Buffet song, Album or Concert Tour. We had to do "A Pirate Looks at 40" Part 1 & Part 2!

Once for DH then me!

We also make a cruise CD and listen to it on the way to the airport.

Sometimes on a cruise I see groups of people who all have the same shirts, or hats, etc and it is clear that they all are working some type of "theme" for their group. This looks interesting to me but I am not sure how to pull it off successfully without looking too cheesy either. We are a group of 10 adults who all like Jimmy Buffet music and that laid back island style. Should I make up a name for our group ( "Parrots of the Caribbean" ?) and have t-shirts made as a gift for each person ? How can I come up with a cool Buffet-style design for a t-shirt and customize it to our cruise dates ? I am planning on putting together a CD of music for each couple and making a small gift basket for Xmas with typical small cruise necessities, to get them in the "mood". Our cruise is Jan 12 on Liberty OTS.

OR... I also thought of making a Top 10 list t-shirt like on D. Letterman. Maybe you guys can help think of a good Top 10 list that focuses on cruising, adults, drinking, karaoke, etc. Something like "Top 10 reasons to cruise RCCL "...

Post your ideas here for helping me achieve the theme idea, or for suggestions to the top 10 list !!! Looking forward to your answers !!

Amy

IMHO, to answer your question- yes, cheesey.

73f.jpg

Ok maybe it's cheesy but so what? Do what the group wants. If they want shirts fine, and if not that's ok.

We had a group T Shirt on last cruise and our T Shirt for our upcoming cruise Jan 08 is being designed now. Our last shirt was customized on customink.com. This time someone is designing ours. We only wore the T-shirts on the first day.

I would not do one on 10 Reasons to cruise RCCL. You want something geared toward your group. Get ideas for the shirts from the group since they will be wearing them.

cruiset2front.jpg

Ours was very plain. Some wanted a colored shirt but the group majority wanted white. This time the group wants an "electric blue" color. We have some of the same group back but this time we have 16 in the group.

Have a great cruise.

Laura

• 2 weeks later...

Do the theme thing! I love it! I always make the ladies cruise,charm braclets and add to them each year. For the guys, well, they get to look at the braclets I guess. Every year I think I'll do something wonderful, and then life gets in my way! Maybe this year?

Nothing's too cheesy! Have fun and get great memories! Nobody cares about what others do unless it is offensive.

I agree with the "no it's not cheezy" group.:D

On our family cruise of myself and 3 adult children and their spouses to Alaska in August my oldest daughter is getting us all pirate hoodies. My kids are all professionals who dress in suits to work every day and they are having so much fun planning all the fun things/themes/games/jokes they will be able to do on our cruise. I'm sure some people will find what we do is cheezy but we don't care! It's our vacation and we're going to have fun with it. We would never do anything to offend or hurt anyone else though.:eek:

Enjoy your cheezy theme on your cruise and come back and tell us all about it!:)

Archived