Snorkeling off-shore

halliewd

We were in Playa last year for a week but never snorkeled in Cozumel....everyone we talked to said go to the other side snokeling is better....

We have our own mask etc and are leaning to renting scooters/jeep and drive to the other side.......

my question ...How do you know where to stop along the road for good FREE snorkeling??

We were in Playa last year for a week but never snorkeled in Cozumel....everyone we talked to said go to the other side snokeling is better....

We have our own mask etc and are leaning to renting scooters/jeep and drive to the other side.......

my question ...How do you know where to stop along the road for good FREE snorkeling??

I dont know who in the world would tell you that, there are only a couple of places on that side (east) that are safe to swim. Take a cab to Dzul Ha Beach Club most say that this is the best for shore snorkeling and you will save alot.

wow good to know....

do the ferry's from Playa dock in the same area as the crusie ships? Just wondering if that is how I might be getting my info mixed up

Yes the Ferry's dock is in the center of town with cruise ship piers to the south same side of the island.

I dont know who in the world would tell you that, there are only a couple of places on that side (east) that are safe to swim. Take a cab to Dzul Ha Beach Club most say that this is the best for shore snorkeling and you will save alot.

Senor Ken is right about the snorkeling. Your best bet for shore snorkeling is Dzul Ha or Chankanaab Park. Both can be had by cab. Just be sure to ask about cost of fare before you crawl into the cab.

The East side of Cosumel is NOT for snorkeling.. or swimming either for that matter. there are very strong rip currents 3 ft off shore.. your best bet is to start at Chankanab park, on the West side and work your way down to Playa corona, then Dzul Ha. We did this last year, keep in mind that Hurricaine Wilma devastated the shore reefs in Cozumel 3yrs ago. They are getting better but will take years to recover.. The reefs farthur from shore were spared. We are going to try a tour with Mystic snrokeling in Jan. I hope this will be better...

Archived