Sport fishing tour in Mazatlan

stil29

This site is amazing!! DH and I are booked for our FIRST cruise in May aboard the Carnival Pride.

We're having a great time trying to pick our shore excursions and I have a question about one. DH really wants to go on this sport fishing tour in Mazatlan: http://www.carnival.com/ShoreExcursionDetails.aspx?portcode=MZT&excursionname=Sport+Fishing+Tour&excursioncode=306008

It says no fish will be allowed back on the boat. Does anyone know if the tour will ship it or if it can be shipped? We live in Alaska and that is done all the time but I think I better make sure on this one. Nothing worse than catching a big something or other and not being able to eat it.

No cruise line will let you bring raw fish on board, much less prepare it. Some sportfishing operators will arrange to cook your catch at a local restaurant and even include this in the price of the charter. I am looking at one such outfit in Manzanillo for an upcoming Carnival Spirit cruise leaving Thanksgiving. I heard both sailfish and dorado are biting right now. I would not keep or eat a sail, but if (make that WHEN) I catch a dodo, you bet I'm eating a piece of it. Caught a mahimahi (same fish as Dorado but Hawaiian name) in Mayi a few years back. Kept a chunk of the fillet and had the resort chef cook it four different styles. Fantastic.

Will be fishing Manzanillo on 11/27. Not sure yet if I'll book the Carnival excursion at $150 plus, or get this private 28' cruier for $250 total. Trying to find one ortwo others to share the trip.

Cheers :)

Archived