Forms of ship payment??

rithan11

We always use traveler's cheques which is the same as cash. At check in when they ask for your credit card number, just tell them you want to use cash. Actually you can write the word cash over the box that asks for the credit card info on your docs, and when you go to check in they will tell you where on the ship to go set up your sail & sign card account. You go to the purser's desk or wherever they direct you to go, and tell them you want to use cash on your account. They'll apply it to your account and you're done. Piece of cake. You can check your balance daily if need be and add to it as you need to. At then end of the week, the night before you leave, after mid-night, if you have money left on your account, they'll slip a check under your door with your final statement. If you owe money, you have to settle up before you get off of the ship. A lot of people take care of this well before mid-night, but normally there's this long line of people there to do it. We always try to stay ahead on ours so that there is money left and we don't have to bother going down the last night, because we know we'll be getting the check on the door for what we didn't use. It's really simple.

Leaving Saturday on Freedom out of Miami. I want to use mostly cash, and only have a little room to work with on credit cards. How will Carnival handle this? Do I pay my cash up front to get a sail and sign card?:)

Not a problem.

When you fill out your docs, where it asks for credit card info simply write 'CASH' and fill out the remainder. When you get on board make your way to the Purser's Desk and activate your Sail and Sign account with cash. As the cash reserve moves toward zero the Purser's Desk will inform you and you can add additional cash.

Any unused funds will be refunded the last night/early morning of the last day of the cruise in the form of a check.

ok- I pay upfront for tipping, plus what I think I may spend while I am there.

I am one of "those" people who made a choice to take a cruise with my family, but probably should have saved a little more first. We will be fine and have a great time, and I will be sure not to skip out on the tipping.

ok- I pay upfront for tipping, plus what I think I may spend while I am there.

I am one of "those" people who made a choice to take a cruise with my family, but probably should have saved a little more first. We will be fine and have a great time, and I will be sure not to skip out on the tipping.

Depending on the Time on the Cruise there is a Standard deposit left.

2-4 day cruises: $100 deposit pp

5-8 day cruises: $200 deposit pp

9 + day cruises: $350 deposit pp

Deposit with U.S. Currency or Traveler's Checks

U.S. Currency and traveler's checks are accepted as a form of deposit to open a Sail & Sign Account at the start of the cruise. As the guest approaches the deposit limit, the Information Desk will notify the guest that additional money must be deposited.

What happens if you have enough OBC to cover the deposit requirement? Would you still have to give them cash or credit?

You still have to activate your Sail and Sign account. Some minimum amount should do it. It may take a bit of time to have the OBC show up on your account so consider putting fifty bucks or so on your account to cover what you may want to buy in the interim.

I give em a credit card number at the onset then go to pursers and put cash on when it is quiet.

I have heard that you can put cash on the S&S BEFORE cruising though.

Has anyone done this?

May give Carnival a call and how that works.

Call Carnival at 800-819-3902 x 70039. That's the Bon Voyage dept. Tell them you want to purchase Fun Ship Dollars to be applied to your account. You'll provide them with your booking number, the amount you want to purchase and your credit card number.

It's that simple!

SDRR =-- What do you mean, cosigner?

Sorry, should have put a big ol' smiley on the end there.

It's sort of a joke around our house.

Just like a co-signer on a loan makes it more palatable to a lending institution to do business with some folks I know, in my dealings with these same people, I like the assurance that some one else will vouch for the quality of their cash...

In short, anything to do with them is fraught with danger... :D

Depending on the Time on the Cruise there is a Standard deposit left.

2-4 day cruises: $100 deposit pp

5-8 day cruises: $200 deposit pp

9 + day cruises: $350 deposit pp

Deposit with U.S. Currency or Traveler's Checks

U.S. Currency and traveler's checks are accepted as a form of deposit to open a Sail & Sign Account at the start of the cruise. As the guest approaches the deposit limit, the Information Desk will notify the guest that additional money must be deposited.

Two different Carnival reps have told me today that this is their old policy on deposits. Now, they require only $50 per guest for a sail and sign card when paying in cash. Of course, that is never enough, nor is it what I plan to put down, but it is the absolute minimum, even on a 7 day cruise.

Archived