Jackets in supper club

lasjls

One might think that ANY dining venue that features white linen table clothes, fine food and formal service would deserve being favored with partons that dressed nicely. Jackets and preferably a tie for the gentlemen and dresses for the ladies.

But then I come from a generation that was raised to respect each other and the host. I would never go into a fine restaurant on sea or land looking like I was ready to chow down at a fast food joint.

Have a great cruise and I hope you will do your selves proud by rising above the crowd.

One might think that ANY dining venue that features white linen table clothes, fine food and formal service would deserve being favored with partons that dressed nicely. Jackets and preferably a tie for the gentlemen and dresses for the ladies.

But then I come from a generation that was raised to respect each other and the host. I would never go into a fine restaurant on sea or land looking like I was ready to chow down at a fast food joint.

Have a great cruise and I hope you will do your selves proud by rising above the crowd.

APPLAUSE!!!!

I don't think songanddance was being sarcastic. Every word made sense. If the supper club is reservation only, it's probable that they would encourage men to wear jackets/ blazers and ladies in dressy slacks, dresses, suits, etc. It's disheartening to see cruise passengers shuffling into the dining room wearing their tube tops, sweatpants, wifebeater T's, baseball caps (that the "gentlemen" don't even bother to remove at table), bra straps flopping all over the place, flipflops, etc.etc. You can take it any way you like, but the bottom line is, you're going into the equivalent of a finer dining establishment, so if the gentleman has the jacket, why not wear it and make the occasion even more special?

I think songanddance and I are from that same generation.

We are going to the supper club on Carnival Glory. Does anyone know if jacket's are required for men?

I know it is requested on most lines, but I know on Caribbean Princess, Disney Wonder, and RCI Mariner of the Seas, many men were without jackets but in a dress shirt and slacks.

On Celebrity Constellation all the men I saw had their jackets on.

Archived