Best snorkeling in Belize?

magicterp

Hi All,

I've been reading these boards for the past few months, and it sure seems that you have a tight community. I am new to cruising, and my family and I will be taking our first cruise on the Miracle 1/2/05. I love great snorkeling, and I hear Belize is one of the best places to do it.

What is the best snorkeling excursion in Belize (or Grand Cayman, Costa Maya, or Cozumel for that matter)?

Looking forward to your responses.

Thanks!

Mike

I did not enjoy the snorkeling in Belize at all...poor water clarity and not much aquatic life to observe...might have just been a bad day... HOWEVER---Caulkers Caye was one of our favorite places to have ever visited....take tour to the reef, if water clarity is poor, you can still enjoy the Caye!

We have done the Shark Ray Alley excursion 3 times and it has been awesome each time. The Fuji disposable underwater cameras, as stated above, do take very good pictures. I am also interested in snorkeling on Grand Cayman, we're sailing on the Conquest 12/19 and will be going there for the first time. We have our own equipment, suggestions?

We are going to belize , we want to take snorkel tour, is it hard for a older person to get on and off catamaran? also did you take the ships tour or private thanks larry
We took the ship's tour to Shark Ray Alley. There was an older lady on our boat (maybe late 60's or early 70's) who got off the catamaran to snorkel while her husband waited on the boat. She was also a larger woman, and she seemed to have no real trouble getting off or on the boat. There was a ladder on the back of the boat, and we had several guides who were helping people off and on the boat as needed. The snorkeling was fantastic at Shark Ray Alley. The water was very clear (in May) and there were more fish and reefs than I've ever seen anywhere else in 18 years of snorkeling.

Archived