Non-Shrimp Menu Items on Stone Island

p7eggyc

I've read lots about the various options on Stone Island and have seen listings for non-shrimp menu items on some posts. Can anyone give me a review as to their tastiness? I love shrimp and look forward to it but my friend picked shrimp in her youth and really doesn't care for it. Would hate for me to be feasting on deliciousness while she is choking down subpar chicken. :) Anyone had something besides shrimp at Victor's or Molakai?

Peg

We will be on the Vision next week on the 28th. I was thinking about going to Stone island, I see that there is a tour companys king Davids that has a price of $35.00 PP, How much would it cost for a water taxi and lunch at one of the restraunts and to rent some snorkel gear if we did not do the tour. Also how far is it if we take a water taxi to the restraunt areas. If we do take a tour what if we want to come back early. do any of teh restraunts have lockers to use if I am swimming?"

Any and all help is needed

Thanks

One of the reasons we chose to do Stone Island on our own was the flexibility of coming back whenever we wanted (we were able to fit in an afternoon city taxi tour).

The water taxi is inexpensive (approx. $1.50 PP and I think that's RT), you can walk from the port entrance. From the Stone Island drop off spot, you can walk the beach and decide which restaurant you want to set up shop at (there are several, Victors is certainly one of the most popular ones). You should have no problem eating/drinking (within reason) for approx. $15 PP.

IMHO, $35 PP for the "tour" is a waste of money, Stone Island is an easy do-it-yourselfer....

Snorkling is never good on Stone Island. Don't let that stop you from doing it on your own. There are many restaurants to choose from but Victor's really is the best bang for your buck.

Going on your own compaired to a great lunch can not compair.

The lunches on the tours, and there are many, are mediocre at best.

But the tours can be a bit less of a hassle as they will come and pick you up instead of you getting a taxi to take you to the best dock, not the one nearest the terminal. I know we have done it many times and always eat at Victor's restaurant. Just better food and better quality in our experience. We sail there and have time share in Mazaltan so are in the city many times a year.

I hope this helps you make a good decision for yourselves.

Scruffers

Archived