Need Help in Picking...Native Ways or Capt Marvin

Yoli=)

I am going on a cruise with my husband and 6 year old boy.

I need to know which company to use.

Native Ways or Captain Marvin.

Also the pros and cons would be great...

Thank you so much

You really can't go wrong either way. I think Captain Marvin's has an option for a shorter excursion which may be good for a 6 year old. Either way you go you will get a very personal experience.

There are threads about each company on here, but it's more going to depend on how much money you want to spend (I think Native Ways is a little more expensive but includes lunch) and how much your 6 year old can take.

Have fun!

I just came back from the Caymans and used Nativeways and was very pleased with the excursion, as were the others that were on the excursion. Vernon and Julian were great and gave us alot of time for snorkeling, swimming with the stingrays (boy, was Vernon patient!) and Rum Point. Vernon explained how to use the snorkeling gear and answered all of our questions.

I traveled solo and I was the only person from my ship, RC Enchantment of the Seas, to do the excursion and felt very safe.

I highly recommend them.

Good luck and enjoy. I know my kids would have enjoyed the excursion, if they came with me. It was alot of fun.

-Stacy

My wife and I and my two adult daughters did Captain Marvin half day 3 stop snorkel and love it .We have been there before and used the Princess excursion.I think the three stops and including sting ray city by captain Marvins groups was GREAT better by far then the Cruise ship excursion.

We are going to do it again in Grand Caymen this Winter on a RCL cruise and will definiatly use Captain Marvin again.Safe and on time and plenty of time to see all the marine life and feed the sting rays.:)

We always use Captain Marvin's, but Nativeway also comes highly recommended, so I'd probably go with which company has the time you like the best, or the stops. I think Nativeway has a package that goes to Rum Point. We've had small children on our excursions on CM's and they did fine. One time, there was a little boy that didn't want to get off the boat, so one of the crew members brought over a stingray for him to see and touch. We've never had more than 20 or so on our excursions, and one time, we only a 10. But I also believe you're going to find that the same with Nativeway.

Whichever you choose, have a great time in Grand Cayman! :)

Archived