CAT.AC with Balcony Facing Front?

bzv143

We've cruised Cabin 10000 on the Dawn and LOVED IT!!!

The view is spectacular - nothing beats knowing you're seeing the sea the exact same way as the bridge is.

You do get a bit more of a "bouncy" ride if the seas are rough - but, to us, that's part of the fun. (We were on the Dawn on her way back to NYC during the blizzard in 2006 - what a ride - we talk about it constantly)! Seeing the fog was also really cool on our last voyage.

The room is set up very well, all areas are useful and liveable and fine for longer cruises (especially when you overpack and over-buy like I do ;) ).

The only thing to remember is to please keep your lights off, or drapes drawn closed at night as the light from the cabin interferes with navigation.

ENJOY!!!!! :)

yesterday, we returned from a five-night on the jewel in an AC cabin - room 9000. the room made the cruise.

pros: large room with lots of storage space that we used; large bathroom with nicer soap, shampoo, etc.; coffee machine (the coffee wasn't the best, but having the machine in the room was nice and i used it often - you might consider bringing your own beans); huge balcony with lounge chairs and table - a nice place to get away from the busy pool deck, especially on "at sea" days; great view over the front of the ship, which was especially interesting going into and leaving ports (plus, being able to see up into the bridge was interesting); quiet hallway outside of room; butler and concierge; room cell phone to use on board; several other suite perks

con: for the one night the seas were very rough, we really felt the ship's movement, which made sleeping a bit difficult

if we sail again, we'll likely do so only if we can book a forward-facing AC cabin. when booking, we were deciding between 9000 and 10000, and selected 9000 because of the larger balcony, versus 10000, which has the larger room but smaller balcony. because we used our balcony quite often, this turned out to be a good choice for us, but we'd probably enjoy any of the AC cabins.

yesterday, we returned from a five-night on the jewel in an AC cabin - room 9000. the room made the cruise.

pros: large room with lots of storage space that we used; large bathroom with nicer soap, shampoo, etc.; coffee machine (the coffee wasn't the best, but having the machine in the room was nice and i used it often - you might consider bringing your own beans); huge balcony with lounge chairs and table - a nice place to get away from the busy pool deck, especially on "at sea" days; great view over the front of the ship, which was especially interesting going into and leaving ports (plus, being able to see up into the bridge was interesting); quiet hallway outside of room; butler and concierge; room cell phone to use on board; several other suite perks

con: for the one night the seas were very rough, we really felt the ship's movement, which made sleeping a bit difficult

if we sail again, we'll likely do so only if we can book a forward-facing AC cabin. when booking, we were deciding between 9000 and 10000, and selected 9000 because of the larger balcony, versus 10000, which has the larger room but smaller balcony. because we used our balcony quite often, this turned out to be a good choice for us, but we'd probably enjoy any of the AC cabins.

Dear AnD,

We are sailing in the end owner's suite and excited about a forward facing cabin. What night were the rough seas? How was the cruise? Thanks for the tip on coffee...I think I'll bring a bag of Dunkin Donuts beans :)

a nice place to get away from the busy pool deck, especially on "at sea" days; great view over the front of the ship, which was especially interesting going into and leaving ports (plus, being able to see up into the bridge was interesting);

We had worse than usual chair hog advertures on our Dawn cruise. DH and I were sitting at a table for four for the sailaway from Nassau, though the other two chairs had already been taken away. An older couple put down their trays and asked if they could join us. We of course said yes and DH helped hunt down chairs. NONE to be found. We gave them our chairs and went to our AC balcony and enjoyed sail away.

Sailing into NY, DH was in bed and I was out on the balcony talking to the guy on the next balcony. He was a native NY and gave me a complete guided tour of NY as we sailed in. It was great.

Sailing out of NY in November did make the balcony less than desirable some days.

Dear AnD,

We are sailing in the end owner's suite and excited about a forward facing cabin. What night were the rough seas? How was the cruise? Thanks for the tip on coffee...I think I'll bring a bag of Dunkin Donuts beans :)

OS has a forward baclony and a side balcony - you will love it:)

No need to bring coffee beans if you are sailing the Jewel OS - great coffee/cappuccino machines;)

Dear AnD,

the rough seas were from cozumel to grand cayman.

this was just my second cruise (the first was in 1994) and it was GREAT! now having done the AC, i'm not sure i'd cruise again without going AC or higher - this experience raises my expectations for future cruises, especially as related to the room size and balcony size and location/view.

oh, the one thing i will say about the jewel is that the food was just okay - there were some great items, don't get me wrong, but some poorly prepared items, even in the specialty restaurants, such as a friend's hockey-puck filet at cagneys, or items that did not fully match the menu description (this occured on many occasions - on land, i would have said something, but on the ship and while on vacation, i just enjoyed what was served and moved on).

re: the coffee maker, i assume the one in the AC is like that in the owner's suite. in the AC, it was a commercial grade espresso/cappuccino maker with three cup-size settings and three strength settings, plus other features. at home right now, i'm actually using DD beans and they are better than what was in the coffee maker (unless, perhaps they put better beans in the owner's suite - although, even the coffee served at cagney's for breakfast was not very good, so i'd be surprised if different beans were used in the owner's suite, but perhaps). even though it wasn't the best tasting coffee, it was nice to have it immediately available and hot - a good little morning and afternoon boost to enjoy on the balcony.

Archived