Brilliance of the Seas or Norwegian Jade????

bzv143

Hubby and I will be celebrating our 30th Anniversary this August and are looking at booking a Mediterranean cruise with our 4 grown children. We are looking at either a 14 day Norwegian Jade (out of Southampton) or a 12 day Brilliance of the Seas cruise (out of Barcelona). Suite for us; balconies for children. Norwegian (surprisingly) is cheaper.

Any suggestions as to which would be better? We have not sailed on an NCL since the Norway, so are unsure of the NCL ships, service, crew, amenities, etc. :rolleyes:

I agree with Texasmunk. I have been on 2 NCL cruises and I would not go again if you gave me a cruise (maybe that is stretching it!!). To me there is no question about which I would pick. I sailed on the Brilliance last year to Panama Canal and we loved it so much we are going back this year on the same cruise. Great ship....right size for us, and the crew is fantastic. Stick with RCI, you will be happy.

I have been on both and know several people who sailed NCL around Hawaii

NEVER again they all said and I agree

It goes beyond food and service (which is bad) but the management of the company. When something goes wrong like missing ports or running out of food (it happened on Hawaii cruise) they do nothing.

STAY with RCCL

I have never heard anything positive about NCL. NCL is generally cheaper than RCCL, so you shouldn't be surprised. Loved the Jewel which is the sister to Brillance. In my opinion, and just my opinion, you are not comparing Apples with Apples.

I haven't been on NCL mainly due to friends who had the same opinion of previous posters. But what I can tell you is that I have been on the Brilliance and I can say it was one of the best cruises ever. The staff, service, food, entertainment...and on and on were wonderful. I can honestly say that there was nothing negative on the cruise. Was everything perfect? No, but what is life is, but those things were taken care of quickly and efficiently. We did the 11 day Panama on the Brilliance and it is a stunningly beautiful ship and extremely elegant and IMO the perfect way to spend an anniversary. If you would like click on the link in my signature for pictures of the ship.

• 3 weeks later...
I have never heard anything positive about NCL. NCL is generally cheaper than RCCL, so you shouldn't be surprised. Loved the Jewel which is the sister to Brillance. In my opinion, and just my opinion, you are not comparing Apples with Apples.

I don't see how it is possible not to hear anything good about a cruise line. Never is a strong word. I for one loved NCL even though I was on the oldest and smallest ship of the fleet.The crew and food were all fine. I expect to enjoy the Mariner of the Seas more, but I hate it when people, and it's usually those who have never been on the cruise line, try to tell others that it is horrible and never to sail on it. Read the reviews of the NCL Jewel class, I can promise you that there are a lot of positive ones.

Oh, and I don't know how valid your statement is about NCL being cheaper. I am right now looking at prices from both cruise lines, and that isn't really true.

Archived