Need a room for 3 people

kirindy

My husband and I would like to take my father on a cruise in the summer. He does not have anyone to cruise with. I'm assuming it would be cheaper for us to get him an inside room and we get a balcony room. How much are the rooms that have 2 bedrooms and 2 baths? I was looking at the description of the penthouses and it says "separate guest bed and bath", but then when I looked at the floor plan, I did not see a separate bed and bath.

My questions:

1. Since my dad will be in a room by himself if we get separate rooms, I will have to pay for double occupancy anyway, right?

2. Would it be cheaper to get a balcony room and an inside room for the three of us or a penthouse or something?

Thanks!

we had this problem with my FIL for alaska, we were going to get a mini-suite, but FIL had health issues and wanted his own room. he got a inside across the hall from our balcony. we had the reservations linked, so they would not move us or him...with his issues, we needed to be close.

he paid the full cabin rate...the price listed x 2. he got a little bit of a break since we booked it as a family and the TA got us a little OBC (onboard credit).

still was cheaper then most of the suites..

which ship are you looking at?

I'm not sure on the ship. We need to cruise in the summer b/c I am a teacher and my dad wants to go to the Caribbean/Bahamas/someplace warm!!!

The 2 bedrooms/2 bathroom suite is an AB Penthouse on the Dawn, Pearl, Gem, Jewel, Jade and Star. The Spirit has AB suites and fit 3 but it is a pull out couch for the extra bed and does not have the extra full bath.

The Spirit and the Dawn both leave from NYC next summer. The Spirit goes to St. Thomas, Tortola, and Samana. The Dawn goes to Bermuda.

The NCL Dream will be going to Bermuda from Boston but does not have the 2 bedroom suites.

Archived