Majesty questions-Menus etc...

Larrydano

Hi fellow cruisers,

Sharon and I will be going on the Majesty 9/19/04 with another couple.

Can't wait to see the Majesty-we sailed on her prior the "stretching".

We do have some questions:

Does anyone have the menus by day for the dining rooms???

We would like to go the Bistro and the Pasta Cafe and would to pick which nights we be best to go.

We have cabins 740 and 744 any comments??? Are these cabins new? ie. part of the stretch??? I think they have fridges-can anyone verify???

Does anyone know if you can bring a folded wheel chair onto the Bermuda busses??? One person in our party has trouble walking-She's OK for short walks.

In regards to the dining ashore vouchers, Are there any restaurants at the Hamilton Princess that we can use those vouchers for lunch???

Any answers and comments would be greatly appreciated.

Larry & Sharon-cruise # 11

Hi There,

There are a few recent reviews (mine is the worst, but I had a great time!) that might help... the only question you have that I can help at all with is on a few of the menus.

My memory is spotty, so please excuse me if I mix anything up! I think you can go to the seven seas on the first day and ask to see the weeks menus.

Monday night was the formal night, and this was the night they had lobster tail and tenderloin beef wellington. I had the beef which was very good. Tuesday night was carribean night, I don't know what was offered, we ate in the Pasta cafe that evening and we all had the beef stroganoff.

For the life of me I can't remember what I ate Wed or Thurs, I know there was a chicken in there, and I think a steak...

I think Friday was the presidents menu, the cheese fondue was wonderful and there was a wonderful butterflied beef , but avoid the veggie risotto, WAY to much salt.

Saturday was the captains farewell dinner, and again, I don't remember the meal that much.. there was a baked apple desert that was good.

Maybe someone got the menus? I know that there is a thread on here that had at least two of them printed out...

We didn't use out dining ashore vouchers, and I can't comment on wheelchair either, sorry!

Have a wonderful time!!!

Copied from a different thread from cruise critic member debjo

this is the Sunday menu and the Saturday menu, my mother loved the mushroom apetizer on Sunday. I've shortened the original post to fit...

"Here is a transcription of information I posted on this message board http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=27800 (which also contains other useful information on the MAJESTY and the DAWN from our two trips earlier this year)...

Sunday

"Cooking Light" BREAKFAST: Banana-Buttermilk Pancakes Served with Cinnamon-Rum Syrup (The Menu lists the calories, protien, carbs., etc.)

SPA SELECTION: Fat and Colesterol-Free, Low in Sodium & Calories. Assorted Juices (Approx. 90 Calories), Melon in Season or Grapefruit Half (Approx. 50 Calories), Scrambled Egg Beaters (Approx. 45 Calories).

FISH SPECIALS: Broiled Scotch Kipper with Browned Onions, Steamed Smoked Haddock with Lemon, Smoked Salmon and Cream Cheese, Herring in Wine Sauce.

FROM THE GRIDDLE AND OVEN: Crisp Bacon, Ham, Pork Link Sausage, Turkey Sausage, Scotch Bangers, Hash Brown Potatoes, Corned Beef Hash, Pancakes, French Toast, Grilled Tomato, Baked Beans.

BEVERAGES: Coffee, Decaffeinated Coffee, Assorted Teas, Milk, Skim Milk, Hot Chocolate.

DINNER MENUS:

BON VOYAGE DINNER (Same menu for both the Four Seasons Dining Room, where we ate on the first night, and the Seven Seas Dining Room)

COLD APPETIZERS:

Norwegian Shrimps in Aquavit (Shrimps in Dill-Mustard Mayonnaise flavored with Caraway Seed "Schnaps"

Basque Duck Confite and Lentil Salad (Garnished with sliced Smoked Duck Breast and fresh Chervil)

Fresh Fruit Salad with "Kirsch" (Marinated in "Kirschwasser" Liqueur from the Black Forest)

HOT APPETIZER: Crisp Fried Mushrooms with Italian Dip

THE SOUP KETTLE:

Hong Kong Won-Ton Ginger Broth

"Cooking Light" Roasted Tomato-and-Red Pepper Soup (with calories etc. listed)

Chilled Cream of Guava and Coconut

FRESH FROM THE GARDEN:

Russian Summer Salad (Butter Lettuce, Beets, Eggs and shredded Radishes served with Russian or other Traditional Dressings

Composition of California Greens and Herbs (Choice of Olive Oil-and-Vinegar, Traditional or Fat-Free Dressings

VEGETARIAN ENTREE: Caramelized Asian Noodles, Green Beans, Eggplant, Cashews and Fried Tofu (Soba-and Lo0Mein Noodles Wok-fried with Balsamic Vinegar, Garlic, Clover Honey, Light Soya Sauce, fresh Basil and Cilantro, Topped with Tofu)

PASTA DEL GIORNO: Farfalle e Salmone Affumicato (Bow-Tie Pasta with Smoked Salmon in a Saffron-Dill Cream Sauce Served with freshly grated Parmesan Cheese at your table)

MAIN COURSES:

Roast Prime Rib of Heartland Beef Served with a Natural "Glaze" and Whipped Horseradish Cream Complemented with Vegetables and Baked Idaho Potato)

"Cooking Light" Pan-Seared Scallops With Walnuts, Spiced Carrots and Wild Rice Pilaf

Pork Cutlets"Saltimbocca alla Romana" Griddle-fried with Sage, Ham and Provolone Cheese Served with Pesto flavored Gnocchis and Vegetables

FROM THE GRILL:

Moroccan Lamb Kebabs-Grilled ground Lamb Skewers served in a Cous Cous Ring with Vegetables braised in Arabian Spices, crowned with thinly shaved Red Onions and fresh Mint.

ALWAYS AVAILABLE: Grilled Chicken Breast, Steamed Vegetables, and Baked Potatoes with Condiments

FROM OUR CHEESE BOARD: Assortment of International Cheeses and Fruits

DESSERTS (which they usually brought out on a "sample" tray after the meal for you to look at rather than reading off the menu)

Decadence Chocolate Cake-a Flourless Chocolate Cake with Raspberry Sauce

Merida Chiffon Pie On Lime and Tequila Salsa

"Cooking Light" Irish Break Pudding with Carabel-Whiskey Sauce (calories etc. listed)

FROM THE ICE CREAM PARLOR: Vanilla, Chocolate, Strawberry, Coffee, Butter Pecan Ice Creams.

Coconut, Raspberry, and Orange Sherbets.

Norwegian Sky Ice Cream Coupe

Frozen Vanilla Yogurt

Choice of Sugar and Fat-Free Ice Creams

BEVERAGES: Coffee, Decaffeinated Coffee, Assorted Teas, Espresso, Cappuccino

CHEF'S DINNER MENU (This was the menu for our last night of the cruise-again, the same for both the Four Seasons and Seven Seas Dining Rooms.)

COLD APPETIZERS: Duo of Tuna Tartare with Cucumbers and Daikon Coriander-Citrus Vinaigrette.

Cantonese Style Beef Salad With Bean Sprouts and Sesame Seeds.

"Cooking Light" Three-Berry Compote (with calories etc. listed)

HOT APPETIZER: Baked Idaho Potato with Creme Fraiche and Salmon Caviar

THE SOUP KETTLE:

Yellow Split Pea Soup with Smoked Hocks and Scallions.

Fish and Vegetable Minestrone, Garlic Baguette.

"Cooking Light" Fire-and-Ice Melon Soup (with calories, etc. listed)

FRESH FROM THE GARDEN:

Mixed Crisp Lettuces with Vegetables and Bacon Bits and Your Choice of Traditional and Fat Free Dressings.

Red Beets, Radishes and Carrots in their own individual Marinade.

VEGETARIAN ENTREE: Mediterranean Style Vegetables in Tamarind Curry With Steamed White Rice and Dates.

PASTA DEL GIORNO: Fettuccine ai Funghi Pasta Ribbons with Mushrooms, Pine Nuts and Rosemary

MAIN COURSES:

Salmon Piccata on Sun-Dried Tomato Spaghetti.

"Cooking Light" Red Currant-Glazed Pork Chop with Root Vegetables and Savoy Potatoes (with calories, etc. listed).

"Butterflied, Griled Leg of Lamb with Forty Cloves of Garlic, Pan Jus, Seasonal Vegetables and Roasted Red Bliss Potatoes.

FROM THE GRILL: Cowboy Steak with Tobacco Onoins Vegetable Stir-Fry and Roast Potatoes

ALWAYS AVAILABLE & FROM OUR CHEESE BOARD-same as on dinner menu above

DESSERTS:

Chocolate-Nougat Cake on Grand Marnier Sauce.

Apple in the Jacket with Raisins and Marzipan on French Vanilla Bean Sauce, Baked in Puff Pastry Coat.

"Cooking Light" Almond-Mocha Parfait (with calories, etc. listed).

FROM THE ICE CREAM PARLOR:

Vanilla, Chocolate, Strawberry, Coffee, Butter Pecan Ice Creams.

Pineapple, Raspberry, and Orange Sherbets.

Choice of Sugar and Fat-Free Ice Creams.

Pear Belle Helene.

Ice Cream Sundae.

Frozen Raspberry Yogurt.

BEVERAGES: Same as on menu transcribed above.

(Note at the bottom of the menues..."The Children's Menu and Kosher prepared items are available. These distinguished selections require time for preparation. Please consult your waiter for your advance order.")

NOTE: We did not eat in the main dining rooms on Caribbean Night nor the last night of the cruise (see above menu)...we ate in the ROYAL OBSERVATORY (reservations required but no cover charge) ...the menu selections are not as numerous as in the main dining rooms. There were only two main course entrees offered each night. The first night I had Beef Stroganoff, the second night I had Pork in Cream Sauce. Both were served over pasta. ... It is an intimate and quiet place to eat which overlooks the bow of the ship, giving you a "Captain's" view of the sea and sunset (if you are fortunate to get one). There is a piano player there. The only problem we had with that dining venue was that the tables were bolted to the floor and only accommodated two or four people (you could put a fifth person on the window ledge with a cushion at the tables for four). It was a difficult room to get my mother-in-law into with a wheelchair unless you arrived when they first opened. The tables/chairs are in very close proximity to each other for negotiating a wheelchair around when people are already seated. It is also a two tiered room and there are ramps to the upper level, but difficult to navigate with the wheelchair when people are seated...

Courtesy of...

Debjo :D

__________________"

"CRUISE CRAVER" :D

Here is a list of the Dine ashore restaurants in Hamilton:

Barracuda Grill - Upscale Seafood and Chops

The Beach- Full menu is available, we had the Calamari appetizer, and Fish and chips that were excellent.

Chopsticks- Chinese and Thai

Harley's-Seafood and steaks

The Heritage Court- Bermudian food

Hog Penny- Authentic English Pub, International

M.R. Onions-Local, and International Cuisine

The Pickeled Onion-North American Upscale Casual

Rosa's Cantina-Mexican/Texan

Tom Moore's Tavern-French/continental cuisine

Tuscany Restaurant-Italian Mediterranean

Landfall Restaurant- Bermudian & International

You can do a google search and bring up some of sites for the restaurants. We had lunch at The Beach. We had Calamari for the appetizer, and fish and chips. Very larger servings, fresh and tasty. I didn't notice any desserts on the menu, but we were too full to think about it.

Let me know if you need the restaurant list for other areas of Bermuda.

Margaret

The Dine-ashore program restaurants and locations can be found on the NCL website. Just go to the Bermuda section. The menu in LeBistro stays the same the entire trip. In fact it was the same as when we went two years ago. The food in the fine dining is very good. There is a choice of a vegetarian, pasta dish, beef, chicken, or seafood meal each nite. There is plenty to choose from.

If you're in St. Georges, upgrade your DineAshore voucher to a dinner and go to the Carriage House, a five-minute walk from the ship. This should be mandatory for all visitors.

Most places in NCL's program give you a preset menu, with three or four items to choose from. At the Carriage House, they'll simply take $25/$50 per person off your bill. And you can eat very, very comfortably on that. We enjoyed spiny lobster, fish chowder, french onion soup, fish and chips, raspberry cheesecake, and carrot cake. If we'd done it as dinner, we'd have paid $20 for it.

Best meal of the week, and probably the best meal I had all year. If you're in St. Georges, go there. You won't look back.

The menu in LeBistro stays the same the entire trip. In fact it was the same as when we went two years ago.

Actually, it varies slightly... When in port, the surf & turf at Le Bistro switches from Filet & lobster tails to Filet & prawns. The ship is not allowed to serve lobster while in port.

Ken

Are you sure about that? Lobster not allowed on port days?

I'm sure... They have lobster in the main dining room on Monday night, and in Le Bistro on Sun, Mon, Fri, & Sat. We went on Tuesday & had Prawns, and again on Saturday to get the Lobster.

Not sure of the reasoning, but the Le Bistro menu has a special insert for the port days showing prawns instead of lobster.

Ken

....partularly with the increase in the surcharge this year

Not sure of the increase to which you refer. I think the surcharge has been $20 for Surf & Turf since at least 2002. Was it once less than that?

Ken

You are correct the surf and turf has always been 20

It is the basic charge that has gone from 10 to 12.50 pp on the Majesty

and 15.00 on the Dawn this past June.

The surf and turf has remained at twenty

Were the prawns tasty? How were they prepared

It's nice to see a little variety on the LeBistro menu

You are correct the surf and turf has always been 20

It is the basic charge that has gone from 10 to 12.50 pp on the Majesty

and 15.00 on the Dawn this past June.

The surf and turf has remained at twenty

Were the prawns tasty? How were they prepared

It's nice to see a little variety on the LeBistro menu

Le Bistro on the Majesty is $15 for everything except S&T, which is $20. They've also introduced a $5 pp fee if you cancel your reservation after 5:00pm.

The prawns were very good; broiled as if they were lobster. I would however, have been disappointed with the change had I not just had lobster the night before.

Ken

Archived