Private tours in Marseilles and Livorno

Charliesmom

We just rented a car and drove--it was a breeze--and I am sure much less expensive than a private tour. However, at the dock there were taxis lined up all hoping to snag a tour for the day--lots of people so you could negotiate. In fact, no one wanted to take us to the car rental agency, they kept trying to talk us into taking a tour with them.

Hoewever you go, you should see the old town in Arles, and I think it was Les Beaux, on your way. We stayed overnight in Arles after the cruise and the old town was amazing--especially the "amphitheatre", over 2100 years old and still in use today!

If my DH still has the card of the taxi driver we used, I will post his info. Great guy. When he dropped us at the car rental place, my DH, who was thrilled to finally have someone to speak French with, got so involved in the conversation that he left our camera in the cab. Believe it or not, the driver called the agency about 10 minutes later, said he had found the camera, and told us where to meet him on our way to retrieve it!!! That was pretty amazing--and on day 2 of the trip--would have been a shame to be camera-less for the next two weeks.

However you get there, you will love it! Cathy

Does anyone have any knowledge of private tour operators in Marseilles or Livorno.

Yes, we used Catherine D'Antuono this year for a tour of the Provence area. Catherine picked us up at the dock in Marseilles and provided a wonderful and enjoyable tour. I would highly recommend her services. She has been highly recommended on several boards, and that is where we heard about her.

Her contact info is as follows:

Catherine D'ANTUONO, Certified Lecturer Guide

SARL TOUR DESIGNER IN PROVENCE

Driver Guide company licensed to perform public transport

tour.designer@provence-travel.com

www.provence-travel.com

Tel. : 00 33 (0)6 17 94 69 61

If you do contact her, please tell her that George and Louise send their regards.

George

We used Maurizio Mancini of Tuscany Taste Tour. He was great. Speaks English very well and is fun. His guided tour of Pisa and Florence was very informative and extensive. Also we saw some of the Tuscany countryside. Took us to lunch at a little local resturant in Florence. Food was to die for and not expensive.Contact info is: www.tuscanytastetour.com

Good Luck and have a great trip.

Charliesmom-

when are you going to Marseille? we also have Catherine scheduled for a day trip thru Provence in July of '08. If you're going before that, we'd appreciate hearing about your experience. If we go first we'll do teh same for you.

Have a great trip!

Mike

Archived