Bicycle Tour

YoJo19

I guess I'm not really concerned about the distance. That's not really far for a bike ride. But, are you sure it's along all busy roads? The cruise's blurb on the tour says you ride "along the quiet country roads of the West Bay District" to these places.

I guess I'm not really concerned about the distance. That's not really far for a bike ride. But, are you sure it's along all busy roads? The cruise's blurb on the tour says you ride "along the quiet country roads of the West Bay District" to these places.

From the port to Hell or the Turtle Farm would be along the busiest roads that Cayman has to offer. Hey, I live here. I should know.

If they are going to pick you up in a van and drive you somewhere to pick up the bicycles, that is another matter. There are quiet roads in some parts of West Bay (the district where Hell is located) as well as the eastern districts (Bdden Town, North Side, and East End).

Regardless, I have never heard of or seen a company offering bicycle tours in Cayman. There may be a new offering I am unaware of.

Hmmmm. Thanks for the info! The entire family is looking to do a shore excursion together at this port. However, there is someone who is very afraid of water. So, anything with water has been ruled out at this port. We really need something with some more physical activity than sitting on a tour bus. I was hoping the bike tour would fit the bill, but I'm not excited about riding a bike through or across streets with heavy traffic with a kid. If anyone has any ideas for a good excursion for us please let me know.

• 2 months later...

Yes, there is a bike tour! The tour starts right in West Bay so you don't have to ride along the busy roads referred to in other posts. I've been trying to find the tour online but I guess I will have to physically go out there one day to get their contact info.

Deathly afraid of water? In the eighties there used to be a program in the Seattle area called something like "be a fish." It was an awesome program that used a wide variety of techniques and tools to help people get over water phobia. I had the pleasure of taking a few of the graduates on scuba dives - I believe the proram was several months long and several participants told me it literally changed their lives. I have no idea if this or similar programs are still available but it sounds like it might be worth looking into if this family member's fear of water is dictating what the family does on vacation.

Archived