15 month old and Norwegian Cruise Line

kaseykahnefan

Hey all. My family is thinking of taking a cruise on NCL in April or somewhere around there out of New Orleans. And by family I mean extended, grandparents, aunts.... and so on Here are my questions. Has anyone taken a cruise with a baby this age on NCL and what was your experience? I heard children under two are free on NCL? Is this true. Thanks to those who will reply

You might want to search the NCL board for more specifics. But, yes, your 15 month old will be "free." By free, I mean no charge for cruise fare itself. But, you will still be charged taxes and port charges. It's a great deal! Keep in mind, though, that your little one will not be able to participate in the Kids Crew (minimum age requirement is 2 years old). That's why we waited until our DD was 2 before we started cruising with the kids. If you are able to afford it, try to book an AB penthouse suite. It has 2 bedrooms, 2 bathrooms (yes a big tub, too!), Living area, Dining area, and balcony. We sailed in an AB 2 times and have a 3rd booked for next June. This would be ideal if you have a niece or nephew old enough to babysit, too. He/She could sleep in the second bedroom with your little one, as well.

We love NCL freestyle, also. We can eat where and when we want, which is great when you have small children. Our couldn't get enough of the dinosaur-shaped chicken fingers!

Happy Sailing!!! :D

Archived