Mobile Service on Carnival

cruisedude859

I've seen some talk about TracPhone service working/not working on Carnival ships, but was wondering if AT&T's GoPhone service works while onboard? I know GoPhone service now works in Mexico, so I'd rather go with that for while in port. I've heard horror stories of cell hacking in Mexico, so I'd much rather get a cheap pre-paid phone before I go to make sure I don't wind up with a big problem on my hands with my regular phone.

I've seen some talk about TracPhone service working/not working on Carnival ships, but was wondering if AT&T's GoPhone service works while onboard? I know GoPhone service now works in Mexico, so I'd rather go with that for while in port. I've heard horror stories of cell hacking in Mexico, so I'd much rather get a cheap pre-paid phone before I go to make sure I don't wind up with a big problem on my hands with my regular phone.

Should work because it uses the same network that AT&T does.

I called about my rates for using the cell phone on the ship and I would have to pay $3.49 per minute. I just told my family and work I can't afford it. I am getting a cheap international phone card and make a couple short calls at a port or two.

Archived