Question on Kids Club Age Policy

Hello,

I'm new to this board -so I'm sorry if this has been answered somewhere...but

We're going on the Radiance of the Seas to the Caribbean during Feb. break, and I notice that some places state the age range for the Advnture Oceankids club groups to be 9-11 and then 12-14 and other places list the ages as 9-12 and 13-14. I have a daughter who will be 11 1/2 and would probably prefer to be with the older kids. Any idea which grouping is correct - and also how strict they are if she's about 4 months away from turning 12?

Thanks so much!

I don't know what the age groups will be. But I do know that they are pretty strict with the age groups, especially during times where there are large amounts of kids (like school breaks). They usually only let you move kids down not up. Your best bet is to ask the first day if she can move up, but be prepared that it won't happen. Don't let your daughter know that you will try and move her up, that way she won't be disappointed if it doesn't happen.

You may also want to ask this question on the Family Cruisers board. Someone on that board may know the exact ages for the groups.

Hello,

I'm new to this board -so I'm sorry if this has been answered somewhere...but

We're going on the Radiance of the Seas to the Caribbean during Feb. break, and I notice that some places state the age range for the Advnture Oceankids club groups to be 9-11 and then 12-14 and other places list the ages as 9-12 and 13-14. I have a daughter who will be 11 1/2 and would probably prefer to be with the older kids. Any idea which grouping is correct - and also how strict they are if she's about 4 months away from turning 12?

Thanks so much!

Stick with "age appropriate" groups. She will grow up fast enough. :)

The groups are 9-11 and 12-14. My daughter was 6 weeks from turning 12 last year and it took discussing it with the head of the AO plus she had to attend her correct group 1 or 2 times before they would let her change to the older group.My dd loves the AO, by the way, and there should be plenty of kids her age on the ship. Just so you can plan the 12-14 group do most of their activities in the evening so early seating for dinner works best for them.

Archived