Grand Turk?

swimsimcoe

You could probably do it, if you're in good shape and have time.

When we were there last April, it was very, very hot. IIRC, it was in the mid-nineties. Just walking around the "downtown" area got to be pretty unbearable.

We took the "Guana" hop-on-off bus. At $39 pp, it was a little expensive for what we got, but the a/c was a godsend.

I don't think I would try to walk, even with two good feet. With one foot in a walking cast, absolutely not.

Governor's Beach is an easy walk from the terminal (at least, if your foot isn't broken), maybe half a mile one-way... we didn't go into town, but it would be a hike, and the roads are fairly narrow-- and yes, it's HOT. :)

You can always take a taxi INTO town, keep an eye on the road and distance, and decide later if you want to walk back; that's what we did when we went to Governor's Beach.

we hired bicycles at the port and rode them into the town. i can't recall what we paid, sorry. it was hot but was nice to be able to have the mobility to go wherever we wanted. it is small. on another trip we did a dune buggy excursion which was a lot of fun but there was dust EVERYWHERE.

Archived