the Resort on Cocoa Beach

pudy68

Has anyone stayed here before?

I am getting quoted @130 a night, 2bd/2bath. I want to share this room with my friends who are traveling with us, but I want to make sure the bathrooms are 2 full, not 1 1/2. I'm sure 4 adults trying to get in/out of one shower would raise our stress level, and who wants to get on the ship in that condition?!!

Also, any info on the shuttle service? I keep trying to call the hotel directly, but apparently their lines are not working right now. The 1-800 reservation line had no knowledge of the shuttle situation.

Thanks! :D

We had a week here in June.

Great place!

Master bedroom has two sinks, jetted tub, seperate shower. BIG bathroom. The second bathroom is in the hall across from the smaller bedroom. It has a shower. Not a large bathroom but not uncomfortable.

Full kitchen equipped with everything you will need. Pots, pans, appliances, full size fridge, microwave, good size stove.

Washer and dryer in a closet across from the kitchen.

Living room was equipped with sofa, two chairs, coffee table and bookcase with a large tv and VCR. Dining table sat six and the resort sent up a highchair for our youngest grandchild.

The master bedroom is huge with it's own large tv and sitting area. Tons of room. The second bedroom was small with two twin beds, dresser, one bedsize table and enough room to turn around in.

So... those having the master with it's bath will have a completely different rooming experience then those having the smaller bedroom.

The lobby of the resort is pretty with a rock waterfall. Plenty of front desk help we never waited long for assistance. Elevators can sometimes be slow coming but we didn't care since we were on vacation with nothing to do.

There weren't any onsite sitdown eating places on the property but you can easily walk to places where there are.

The pool area is large with a pool bar offering small "eats", adult beverages and softdrinks.

There is an exercise room, playroom for small children, game room and an onsite movie theatre.

We had a great time here. We were on the side of the "L" shaped building that was not direct ocean front but we still had a great view of the beach. The balcony was big and we could see both the river and the ocean... so we got to enjoy sunrises and sunsets. This is a well kept timeshare.

Any more questions... just ask.

Opps. Forgot the second question. Shuttle service. I did see shuttle services which were the outside "contract" kind. This a timeshare and vast majority of the guests are not there overnight but for a week.

You won't have any trouble getting to the port but you'll probably have to pay to do it.

Beachfront properties suffered some damage.. not sure about the RESORT. When are you going... if anytime soon I'll have one of my Cocoa Beach relatives go and check the place out for you.

gail

:p Thanks Gail, but we don't leave until November. I'd like to think that if the hurricane procession should let up anytime soon, they should have all the damages repaired by then!

I'm sure we could hook up with Art's Shuttle to get us to the port, but I just wasn't sure if it was a service the resort would take care of arranging for us.

It's still 61 days away, but I'm having a very difficult time deciding on a hotel. Since you've stated that the experience will vary greatly depending on which bedroom set-up you have, I'm a little hesitant to book this room and share with another couple. Would you recommend another place if you know of one? Thank you.

I don't think the RESORT is the place to stay if you are going to divide the costs. My daughter in law and her three year old stayed in the small room with the twin beds and we kept the baby in our room in a crib. There wasn't really any room for a crib in her room and we had TONS of room in our place. Crib was not in way at all. Shoot, the walk in closet in our room was almost big enough for a crib!

There is also lack of privacy for the second bedroom since the bath is in the hall and it is small with only a stall shower.

On the plus side is the kitchen and living room but the small bedroom and hall bath is a real downside.

Where would I recommend? Is a suite important to you or are two hotel rooms just fine?

Lots of people stay at the Radission because that is close to the port, they have free parking and free shuttle service. No ocean views but it does have those upsides.

I had a northern relative stay at ron jon's and they were not thrilled. But they were there for a week... they liked the RESORT a great deal better because they could see the ocean.

gail

Archived