Pacific Dawn Maiden cruise

billgwen

Well what a time we had on the Maiden cruise under Regal Princesses new naming Pacific Dawn. I am a little concerned over some of the negative comments that are buzzing around over the cruise.:confused: I have to admit we are new comers to cruising and every ones expectations are different.

I can't praise the crew,staff or the fair lady "Pacific Dawn" enough. Sure there were hick ups and a few minor issues however I feel we have to give it all the support we can. New ship,New crew and staff, sure they have to get used to the ship as well. We left the ship in Sydney very sad and felt part of our life was left on her, a sence of pride overcame that as we walked the plank so to speak. She is in our eyes a wonderful vessel and the staff and crew of P&O should be congratulated on such a wonderful addition to the fleet. We, as new cruisers may well be ridiculed over these comments but in our eyes it was next to perfect and has certainly confirmed the fact that there will be more cruises especially on the Dawn and with P&O. Anyone due to cruise on her in the future keep an open mind as she is a wonderful ship

Regards

Bill LePoidevin:) :) :D

Well what a time we had on the Maiden cruise under Regal Princesses new naming Pacific Dawn. I am a little concerned over some of the negative comments that are buzzing around over the cruise.:confused: I have to admit we are new comers to cruising and every ones expectations are different.

I can't praise the crew,staff or the fair lady "Pacific Dawn" enough. Sure there were hick ups and a few minor issues however I feel we have to give it all the support we can. New ship,New crew and staff, sure they have to get used to the ship as well. We left the ship in Sydney very sad and felt part of our life was left on her, a sence of pride overcame that as we walked the plank so to speak. She is in our eyes a wonderful vessel and the staff and crew of P&O should be congratulated on such a wonderful addition to the fleet. We, as new cruisers may well be ridiculed over these comments but in our eyes it was next to perfect and has certainly confirmed the fact that there will be more cruises especially on the Dawn and with P&O. Anyone due to cruise on her in the future keep an open mind as she is a wonderful ship

Regards

Thank you for such a great, honest review. You are right, it is always what you make of the cruise and everyone has different expectations. Your review makes me want to cruise Pacific Dawn!

I know what you mean about leaving the ship. I always felt sad to leave the cruise. Cause it's a like like no other.

Regards

Hi Bill

It was hard to leave wasn't it, that last night everyone warned us it was going to be hard but i didn't realise how hard until we had to pack and say goodbye to our steward Roger, other crew members and our new friends. It was certainly the best holiday we have had and we have already booked again. Having got to know some of the senior purser staff quite well it was clear that they were upset that their ship was having some teething problems i know that they were doing their best to fix everything ASAP, they did their best.

Don

Bill,

Thank you for posting your honest appraisal of your cruise on Pacfic Dawn. It is so refreshing to read your comments regarding the "teething problems" encounted. It just goes to show the true Aussie spirit of giving everyone a fair go!! I, along with my husband, can't wait until the 6th of Feb - only 2 months 7 days 20 hours etc to go!! Are we excited? You bet. :D

Hi Bill

It was hard to leave wasn't it, that last night everyone warned us it was going to be hard but i didn't realise how hard until we had to pack and say goodbye to our steward Roger, other crew members and our new friends. It was certainly the best holiday we have had and we have already booked again. Having got to know some of the senior purser staff quite well it was clear that they were upset that their ship was having some teething problems i know that they were doing their best to fix everything ASAP, they did their best.

Don

Yes Don was good to meet up with you and yes it was a wonderful cruise, see you have booked already we are still making up our mind but when we woke up on Sunday Morning after arriving home the night before were streight on the net planning our next one. We are in Love with it

Thanks for the company on board and I hope it was you that picked up your reef shoes off our balcony??

Bill

Bill,

Thank you for posting your honest appraisal of your cruise on Pacfic Dawn. It is so refreshing to read your comments regarding the "teething problems" encounted. It just goes to show the true Aussie spirit of giving everyone a fair go!! I, along with my husband, can't wait until the 6th of Feb - only 2 months 7 days 20 hours etc to go!! Are we excited? You bet. :D

Hi I Love Cruising, you have every reason to be excited and I can speak from our own feelings, you wont be dissapointed. Happy sailing

Bill

Thank you for such a great, honest review. You are right, it is always what you make of the cruise and everyone has different expectations. Your review makes me want to cruise Pacific Dawn!

I know what you mean about leaving the ship. I always felt sad to leave the cruise. Cause it's a like like no other.

Hi Louise thanks for the support and I am sure if you sail on her you will hold very fond memories as we have. Happy sailing

Regards Bill

I meant to write, cruising is like no other holiday!

Hi Bill and Gwen I posted above but if "poofed" CC is bloody slow tonight!!

It was lovely to meet you in Sydney, glad you enjoyed your cruise so much. I hope there are a few more reviews, think I have only seen two:confused: Looking forward to seeing photos too!!

Chez

xx

Hi Bill and Gwen I posted above but if "poofed" CC is bloody slow tonight!!

It was lovely to meet you in Sydney, glad you enjoyed your cruise so much. I hope there are a few more reviews, think I have only seen two:confused: Looking forward to seeing photos too!!

Chez

xx

Hi Chez , Thank you for the great send off and the card full of glitter. Our steward Roger also thanks you!!!. It certainly got our cruise off to a great start, its a pity you wasn't able to sail with us. We will post photos once we sort out the 1632 photos... we got a little carried away!!!

Bill & Gwen

Pacific Dawn is a really lovely ship and nobody can argue with that. I think the poor staff at the Pursers Desk need a holiday. I can't believe some of the things people were asking them. The biggest hold-up was that people didn't realize that some charges took a couple of days to appear so then argued that 'I didn't buy icecreams that day'. Poor purser tried to explain but no, he had to go find the actuall docket. It's not a job I would like, some people were pretty abusive towards them. I got a lot of the photos from the ships photographer with albums etc but I had to go buy 2 more for the photos we took, only 606 so not too bad. Glad you both enjoyed the cruise.

Yes Don was good to meet up with you and yes it was a wonderful cruise, see you have booked already we are still making up our mind but when we woke up on Sunday Morning after arriving home the night before were streight on the net planning our next one. We are in Love with it

Thanks for the company on board and I hope it was you that picked up your reef shoes off our balcony??

Bill

Yes Bill, but it was Roger that got them so we could finish packing.

Don

Hi guys, it certainly was hard to get off that ship. I could have stayed on forever I think. I went looking for everyone on Friday morning to say goodbye but only found jen, Gail & Jim. And of course Kazza & Sell coz we were sitting with thme in the Dome waiting to get off. It was the best place to sit, so quiet. When I found the others in the Promenade bar, people were sitting on the floor it was so crowded. Anyway, I will do a review, not sure how detailed (memory's not what it used to be:p ) but I'm about to start putting up the Chrissy decorations & that takes a couple of days. I'm in the process of uploading some pics onto webshots but the puter's a bit slow and it's taking a while. Should be up sometime this arvy.

Karen

Pacific Dawn is a really lovely ship and nobody can argue with that. I think the poor staff at the Pursers Desk need a holiday. I can't believe some of the things people were asking them. The biggest hold-up was that people didn't realize that some charges took a couple of days to appear so then argued that 'I didn't buy icecreams that day'. Poor purser tried to explain but no, he had to go find the actuall docket. It's not a job I would like, some people were pretty abusive towards them. I got a lot of the photos from the ships photographer with albums etc but I had to go buy 2 more for the photos we took, only 606 so not too bad. Glad you both enjoyed the cruise.

I think no matter what, some people are never happy. Some people just need to have a whinge. I agree, it's not the pursers fault, in fact it sounded like they did a fantastic job! You can't please everyone!

I work in retail and know what it's like with people who complain, some will complain over anything!!

It sounded like a fantastic cruise! I would have rathered been on that cruise with a few tiny mishaps, than have been at home working!! :)

Hi guys, it certainly was hard to get off that ship. I could have stayed on forever I think. I went looking for everyone on Friday morning to say goodbye but only found jen, Gail & Jim. And of course Kazza & Sell coz we were sitting with thme in the Dome waiting to get off. It was the best place to sit, so quiet. When I found the others in the Promenade bar, people were sitting on the floor it was so crowded. Anyway, I will do a review, not sure how detailed (memory's not what it used to be:p ) but I'm about to start putting up the Chrissy decorations & that takes a couple of days. I'm in the process of uploading some pics onto webshots but the puter's a bit slow and it's taking a while. Should be up sometime this arvy.

Karen

Hi Karen, glad you had a great cruise too. Out of Pacific Sun and Pacific Dawn, which ship did you like better? or are both just as fantastic as each other?

If you coud choose to do another cruise, which ship would it be and why? Just interested. Thank you. :)

I think no matter what, some people are never happy. Some people just need to have a whinge. I agree, it's not the pursers fault, in fact it sounded like they did a fantastic job! You can't please everyone!

I work in retail and know what it's like with people who complain, some will complain over anything!!

It sounded like a fantastic cruise! I would have rathered been on that cruise with a few tiny mishaps, than have been at home working!! :)

Louise how true!! Some people do like to whinge constantly, while some complaints are justified, I like hearing the negative ones as I then turn them into a positive on how I will overcome that on my next cruise and make it better:) Some people just bring on negativity with their attitude and demands, there is good to be made out of every bad situation, even it it doesnt look so good at the time:D

Chez

xx

Hi Karen, glad you had a great cruise too. Out of Pacific Sun and Pacific Dawn, which ship did you like better? or are both just as fantastic as each other?

If you coud choose to do another cruise, which ship would it be and why? Just interested. Thank you. :)

I would cruise on either ship again. I loved them both. There are some things I liked better about the Dawn & some things I liked better about the Sun. More than likely would be the Dawn simply for the reason that it's based in Sydney. The 17 nighter that we're looking at in Mar '09 is on the Dawn but there's a similar one on the Sun about 6 weeks later. It's 18 nights & goes to Champagne Bay BUT it's a couple a hundred dollars extra PLUS airfare to Brizzy. Otherwise that's the one I would do.

Karen

Having worked in the Melbourne offices of a couple of shipping companies (in the '50's and 60's) we were always aware of teething problems with new vessels entering service and I personally I would never sail on a maiden voyage.

It usaully takes a couple of voyages for things to settle down. Roll on 7th December only 8 days and a few hours to sailing day.

Roy

Having worked in the Melbourne offices of a couple of shipping companies (in the '50's and 60's) we were always aware of teething problems with new vessels entering service and I personally I would never sail on a maiden voyage.

It usaully takes a couple of voyages for things to settle down. Roll on 7th December only 8 days and a few hours to sailing day.

Roy

When most of us booked our cruise it was the 75th Anniversary Cruise not the maiden cruise. They cancelled the first one, then the second and so on until ours became the first one. Things should be sorted out by the time you cruise. Hope you have a good one.

Roy

I guess a lot of people wouldn't expect teething problems because it was only a maiden voyage under a new name not a new ship. Having said that, most of the problems I heard about came from the pool area where they did a reasonable amount of work on changing it.

I too have always said I wouldn't book a maiden voyage simply for the reason that the track record is not good with the Sun & Star having their first cruises cancelled. And most of the Ccers like myself didn't book a maiden voyage. When we booked it was the 3rd with the first 2 being cancelled apparently because Princess wouldn't release the ship early enough (just what I was told).

karen

Hey, I booked the maiden voyage on the PS from Brissy and didnt even know at the time:rolleyes: ......and you would think that it wasnt really a "maiden" voyage as it was just changing ports, not renovating or changing staff, but there were still lots that went wrong......it happens, lucky we had all the Brissy CCers to keep us company for 9 hours:eek: :p better than waiting at the airport for our Deathstar flight for 6 hours on the trip hom;)

Getting there and getting home took longer than the 7 night cruise:D

Chez

xx

hanging about at the airport certainly takes the gloss off any delight of having been on a cruise.

my hubby flew to canberra two weeks ago for work. He could have driven there quicker with waiting for flights, parking the car etc and his flight wasnt delayed.

Luckily we can drive to the cruise terminal.

You might have to move chez so you dont need to do that trip although being in P.M. you have two terminals close to you

Archived