Will my balcony...

parrotthead

be on a floor above the water? I want to see the water from above and also will want to open the door and go out on the balcony which will be hard if it is below the water.

teehee, sorry I couldn't resist

Alright, Parrothead, step away from the computer. It must be time for your meds anyway!;)

Thanks for the laugh.

I told my sister on out last cruise (it was her First) not to go on the Balcony at night because it was under water. I also told her for the life boat drill if her luggage was at the cabin to bring it with her up to the life boat drill. My father told her the truth and spoiled my joke

OH-MAN! You just made me spit all over my computor, I laughed so hard.:o Now what did I do with my sanitizer?

Ok, now that we have established there are underwater balconies (which I am requesting mine now!!!), and that it is important to know if the stairs go up or down, etc. Now I'm really confused!

I always thought the underwater balcony rooms were reserved for the phone and electric people who wind and unwind the phone and electric cords so they don't get tangled in the props.

If that's not where they stay, where do they stay? I know they are there, I had lights and my telephone worked on the Glory in May.

Another question, do you get a choice of fresh or saltwater???

Oh PH, see what you started????? I'm going to sit here and ponder all the important questions of the world of cruising now....

Questions like:

If a cabin door slams and no one is around to hear it, will someone still complain?

Has anyone ever gotten a hicky by sitting on the toilet and flushing?

Can your neighbors hear me as well as I can hear them, or is my hearing just that good?

How does my cabin stewart know when I'm out of my room? Every time I return my room is clean again.

Ahhh, the important questions of life.....:cool:

Oh, lover of H2O...

I sincerely appoligize for the anguish I have caused. Although, all the questions you are pondering are valid and deserve ample time and thought.

I too wonder about some of them. Fear not, wisdom will come. Book another cruise, at once! (for rescerch of course!):D

Has anyone ever gotten a hicky by sitting on the toilet and flushing?

Ok, how would you know if you did have one? This one is a tricky one. ;)

LOL!!! :D Yeah, well, when your butt's as big as mine....you'd know if it got sucked into a hole that small!:eek:

Sorry, I couldn't resist!:o

• 5 weeks later...

I have a mask ,snorkel and vest if you would like to borrow.My last cruise balcony was underwater ,it was great.Its even better if you get scuba certified! This balcony costs a little extra though.Have a great time!! Post a review when you get back.

I

It's this Jimmy Buffet thing I think. I did not understand this whole Parrothead thing until I went on a cruise last year on the Crown Princess (out of Red Hook Brooklyn) which stopped at Grand Turk and the main attraction was Jimmy Buffet's Margaritavile, which had a gift shop devoted to Parrotheads.

Um, as a fellow Parrothead, (and just for clarification...not the one that wears a Yankees shirt OR one that wears a Cowboys shirt) I can assure you you still don't "understand" the "Parrothead thing" after one visit to Margaritaville.

This thread is cracking me up!

Wouldn't that be totally cool if below the waterline oceanview cabins were available with huge windows the size of the sliders? You could have a blast watching the marine life.

and you could wave to the people that jump off the ship

Then we could have a thread about under water oceanview cabin snobs:eek:

I wonder if those would cost more than a balcony or a suite:confused:

They do cost more....Alot More! So much so that they do not have a category and aren't even advertised. You have to call Carnival, ask to speak with a supervisor and hope one is available to even get a quote.:cool:

They do cost more....Alot More! So much so that they do not have a category and aren't even advertised. You have to call Carnival, ask to speak with a supervisor and hope one is available to even get a quote.:cool:

:cool: :cool: You are so cruel - I have been having a real laugh reading all the replies. I pissed myself just now thinking what a supervisor would say to this. It is nice to see some light humour once in awhile. Would it not be cool though to have plexiglass windows below the water line to see underwater (like they have at sea world). They could have hot tubs and serve sambuka by candlelight. My kind of activity. Happy cruising. Cindy:cool: :cool:

More important than the water line is to make sure the stairs next to your room go UP, instead of down....

Be sure to ask who ever is booking your room about which direction the stair go... Up or Down.

Good point! Also remember, the UP elevators are forward and the DOWN elevators are aft.

Carnival would charge too much for these underwater view cabins, because no one would ever leave their room to spend money elsewhere on the ship!;)

Maybe they could add an underwater observatory bar though, but it would have to be really big to handle the crowds. Then again, they could make it an excursion.:p

The underwater cabins with balconys come with waterbeds!!

You can tell if you are on a ship with these suits during the muster drill. Occupants of these cabins will be wearing an aqualung and fins in addition to the Gumbi jacket.

Hi - How have you been. Carnival has excellent balconies that are well above the water line. We sailed on the Triumph and Legend.

I am sick over NCL selling the NCL Crown to Fred Olden Cruises. The only way we can go to Bermuda is on the Dawn but it only stays 2 nights at Ireland Island (and it is a tender - I wonder what shiip willl be docked. Am hoping there will be a fire sale on this cruise. It's not as if this were a crossing. Anyway, have been on the NCL Crown 4 times and took advantage of the Dine Around Program. We went to Tom Moore's Tavern, The Carriadge House and for lunch that resturant (Le Bistro) on to of the Elbow Beach Hotel.

Besides NCL Dawn, will another cruise line (like Celebrity's Azamara) be sailing in 2008. We were told on last months NCL cruise to Bermuda that the port of Hamilton is closed for 2008. Ships will be docking at either St George - if they meet the less than 56,000 size requirement, or at Ireland Island (KW) if they are larger.

Jeannie[/quot

What the????

(OMG, it lives)

;)

~~~~~^~~~~~~

I was suprised to see this thread reserected. However, some of you bring up great points, which, IMO, need to be addressed.

-->jw4jg(etc)-- You are correct. How do I know which elevators go to the front of the boat and which go back? This is as preplexing to me as the up and down elevators/stairs. Oh, my how will we manage it all.

**I will report on if my balcony is indeed above or below water as I sail in 26 days. (on our first Carnival Cruise)

I have my fingers crossed as I have already purchesed waterproof matches to light the fireplace in the cabin.

:p

Archived