Princess Cays

jerseymax

Anyone who has been to Princess Cays - do they offer "jet ski" watercraft? If so, what is the excursion called? On Half Moon Cay (HAL) the excursion is called "Aqua Trax". I did call Princess but they could only confirm various water sport equipment. Any feedback about the island is appreciated.

Anyone who has been to Princess Cays - do they offer "jet ski" watercraft? If so, what is the excursion called? On Half Moon Cay (HAL) the excursion is called "Aqua Trax". I did call Princess but they could only confirm various water sport equipment. Any feedback about the island is appreciated.

Princess Cays does not offer jet skiing. The island is lovely, relaxing, beautiful.

Princess Cays is located on the tiny island of Eleuthera in the Bahamas. It's a private beach exclusively for Princess guests. There is a coral reef for snorkeling, a swimming beach, a special area dedicated to children’s activities, and a sand volleyball court. You can climb up the Crow's Nest tower for panoramic views of the stretch of white sand beach, the shimmering turquoise waters, and your magnificent Caribbean Princess anchored out in the harbor.

From the ship you will be tendered to the dock, called "Love Boat Landing." When we have been there, we walked from the dock to the far left side of the beach where it is more secluded and spent the day in huge hammocks beneath the shade of the coconut palm trees. At lunch time the cruise cooks prepare a delicious barbecue with hamburgers, bratwurst, chicken, pork ribs, beans, salads, cookies, brownies, and fresh fruit.

no motorized water sports of any kind. Still one of the nicest Islands to visit.

What's that banana boat thing that goes around the beaches constantly? Really, no motorized water sports? I could have sworn I saw a jet ski or two moving about the island...they may not have been rentals, but I swore I saw some around (maybe it was a dream as I was relaxing on the beach).

It's a lame island compared to RCCL's Coco-Cay. The Bannana boat ride is about the funest thing there. You straddle what kind of looks like a pontoon boat ski and get pulled by a fast boat. Coco Cay lacks fine sand is some what on the "rocky" side. It's a place to get sun and relax. I wish they would liven things up like they do on Coco -Cay.

When you get off the tender, facing the island, if you turn to the right, you'll head to the area where they have the cabanas for rent, and more beach. If you turn to the left, you will head to the area where they have hundreds of beach chairs set up, the watersports desk, and farther down, the bungalows which you can also rent ($200 for the day). There are buffets in both directions, with the one to the left perhaps bigger (I saw two lines there and only saw one to the right). Last week the water was pretty chilly I thought. Have a great time!

SteveO.

I was just at the Princess Cays on Saturday for our thanksgiving cruise.

We had a wonderful time on the Princess Cays, it was truely beautiful, great snorkeling.

I agree with the previous poster, if you want to get away from the masses a little bit, when you get off the boat, facing the island with your back to the ocean, go left, far left, past all the huge rows of chairs, past the bbq pavillion, and past the snorkel hut. There in front of the small sea wall were some fairly isolated chairs under a few palms and it was much quieter and relaxing over there. Had great beverage service too.

Archived