S/O What do you do the first night/morning of the cruise with your little ones?

JennyJenn

hi this post has helped me alot im going on a cruise in jan with my 2 yr old and packing it lol

my main q is what do u do with your kids going to sleep for the night, we will just be in a normal twin and my boy goes to bed at 8.30 could maybe stretch him to 9pm with no worries. but im just thinking how will it work once hes in bed do i just sit there in the dark from 8.30pm.lol

what did you guys do??

Once my son is asleep three options. One is I am bringing DVD's for my husband and myself since we don't get to movies as much as we used to. Also, my husband or I might take turns going out for the evening since we will be with friends. My huband likes doing karaoke so if they have that planned of course I will let him do that. I also have my Archos video player like an apple ipod but better because it allows more formats and records directly from video input devices from tv's, vcr's, and TIVO's etc and I will catch up on some TV watching.

On my second cruise I took my then 3 yr old daughter. We arrived/borded early, so we went and had lunch first. Then we headed down to our room where we grabbed our life vests (sometimes you have to wait for them to let you in if they are not done cleaing the cabins) and just waited for the muster drill on the Lida deck. And yes the kids get enough fun from seeing all the silly vests, LOL!

We usually just spend the first night sightseeing, having dinner, going to the camp Carnival orientation and then see a show. Then we get a goods night rest so we can head to the pool first thing in the morning!

Archived