Excursions with Tots?

JennyJenn

we're going to Nassua - Bahamas, St. Thomas and St. Maarten in March with a 2 y.o. - any suggestions for those stops?

I would suggest Coral World (I think thats the name) and then go right out onto to the beach Coki beach.... get a few milk bones from the guys who rent snorkels and fins and pop them in the water.... you'll be surrounded by fish in seconds!

Magen's Bay is beautiful too! Check this site out http://www.usvi.net/usvi/stthomas/st_thomas_beach.php

Here's my 2 cents....

Playa Mia is great. Going there soon. I never saw drunks in the pool or anything offensive. We loved it there a ton.

My DD has done all beach tours. Her first one was a place in Freeport (can't remember the name), but it was a beach resort and it was awesome. We were on the Grandeur.

Not a huge, huge fan of Nassau. I don't care for Atlantis. I was really disappointed in their aquarium. We have an amazing aquarium at home and I was comparing it, naturally. I wasn't impressed that much with the place. However, I would give it another try. My DH and I have done the dolphin encounter (Christmas Day about 4 years ago). It was amazing, but I don't think it's something for toddlers, in my opinion. I would love to take my DD to it one day, but maybe when she's 5 or 6. We also love Breezes resort, but I think it's not so much for kids. I think you have to be 14 to go. We also did Blackbeard's Cay beach break. One word - disgusting. I don't know if they even offer it anymore. We were on the Jewel when we did this one. The reason it was nasty was because # 1 - we all got sand fleas (this was NOT fun! and they don't go away for about a week!), there was trash, the beach area wasn't very clean, it was just nasty.

St. Thomas - one of my fav. places in the world!! I would higly recommend Trunk Bay (age requirement is 4 yo due to the boat ride over, at least it was last time we went). We also love Megan's Bay. Great place!!

St. Maarten - Divi Little Bay beach break. Gorgeous place, can't go wrong.

St. John's, Antingua - Runaway Beach. Absolutely beautiful! I loved this place! This is a small beach, very beautiful, nice for kids. The sand is a dream here. So soft and it's nearly white! Love this place!

Also, am a big fan of Coco Cay.

We like beaches mostly and our daughter has a great time when we do those excursions. We are going to Bannister Island in Belize and Playa Mia in Cozumel. This will be our first time in Belize. Hopefully Bannister Island is nice.

I'm sure whatever you plan to do with your little ones, you'll have fun! There are some beaches out there that aren't so great and then there are some that are breathtaking. You just have find what you love. I don't really think you can go wrong book a beach excursion with a toddler.

Have a great time!

Thanks for all of the info - I think in Bahamas we'll check out the Atlantis - although I don't know if we'll make a reservation because we're only in Bahamas until 2pm and my daughter usually naps between 12-2. In St Thomas we'll go to Coral World. And in St. Maarten - we might leave her on the ship and go snorkeling ourselves.

Thanks again!!

Just back from a cruise with my 2 year-old DD.

Cozumel-Took a cab to Paradise Beach which DD loved. Be sure to bring a shovel and pail to play with. She had a blast playing is the sand and water there. It's a great beach with nice facilities and plenty of shade. The serving portions at their restaurant are HUGE and the food was really good. They have a nice variety of fruit smoothies along with all their alcoholic drinks.

Nassau-Took a regular land taxi to Atlantis where DH and I purchased the day pass for $55 each. No charge for DD. The beaches, lagoons, pools & slides are great fun, but I'll admit that I wasn't overly impressed with the aquarium there.

Belize-DH and I did the Private Island Beach Break to Bannister Island which would have been good for my DD, but she stayed on the ship with my sister. I wouldn't be comfortable leaving her onboard if family wasn't there.

• 3 years later...

We're boarding the Carnival Legend in January 2011 with our eight month old and our ports include Roatan and Belize. It has been suggested to me that the beach is about a half a mile from the port so I think we will do that. However, I can't seem to find anything suitable for Belize. The ship excursions for babies are the city tours which don't sound too exciting. Any beaches close by?

I know for Roatan they have private cabanas if you are going on Carnival. It is $199 for 4 people but I figure our 2 yo can take a nap if he gets tired! i will write a review when i get back.

For Cozumel we are going to try Paradise Beach.

Belize....we might enjoy some quiet time on the boat

Costa Maya....great beach close by $3 taxi ride last time we went!

Archived