Western Caribbean trip 12/2 - 12/9/07

sawmillbarb

Hello! I learned a trick that I use to help me with my packing and clothing choices. I look at the Capers for the cruise I am about to go on and then hilight the activities/excursions that I will be doing. Next, I decide what I will be wearing to each event so this helps me to cut down on what clothing I bring with me.:) You would be surprised at how much this helps! I also learned that I tended to overpack dressy clothes and didn't bring as much casual clothes. I now have a good selection by checking the Capers. I pretty much lived in my bathing suit and coverup. I wore it into the lido deck restaurant but I would change into a sundress or shorts before having lunch in the dining room or for afternoon tea.

As for shore excursions, I saw lots of people in tank tops and even cover-ups on ladies in the ports.

So, regardless of what you decide to bring, I'm sure you will have a wonderful time!:D

Leaving Sunday and wondering how many t-shirts vs. tank tops to bring for hubby considering the weather now and "proper" dress for shopping at ports, etc.

Thanks

Barbara

SHORTS, TANK TOPS, + SANDALS! Course, I have my casual and Sunday-go-to-meetin sandals. Weather should be great down there that time of year. Here's some links to a website that'll give you monthly averages and 10 day forecasts. The ones I posted are for Cozumel, Grand cayman + Ocho Rios.

http://www.weather.com/outlook/travel/businesstraveler/wxclimatology/monthly/graph/MXQR0074?from=36hr_bottomnav_business

http://www.weather.com/outlook/travel/businesstraveler/wxclimatology/monthly/graph/CJXX0001?from=36hr_bottomnav_business

http://www.weather.com/outlook/travel/businesstraveler/wxclimatology/monthly/graph/JMXX0005?from=36hr_bottomnav_business

I am packing lots of casual shorts and tops. Thanks for posting the weather links too. I wonder if Sandals excursion in Jamaica will be cancelled if it is raining when we arrive? There is only a 30% chance . . . Guess I better pack that rain poncho! :)

Archived