Connecting Staterooms (Grand Suite) furniture arrangement

pmanchuk

I've searched through the boards and couldn't find much of an answer, so let me ask:

I have cabin 1568 (a grand suite) booked on the Navigator of the Seas. My understanding is this suite is a connecting stateroom to the one next to it. From what I've read, when the small staterooms are connecting, it usually results in the loss of the sofa/loveseat to accommodate the door and you end up with a couple chairs instead.

Is this the same case with the grand suites or does the furniture layout remain the same? I'd LOVE to see a picture of a connecting grand suite on any of the voyager class ships if anyone has one.

thanks

I've searched through the boards and couldn't find much of an answer, so let me ask:

I have cabin 1568 (a grand suite) booked on the Navigator of the Seas. My understanding is this suite is a connecting stateroom to the one next to it. From what I've read, when the small staterooms are connecting, it usually results in the loss of the sofa/loveseat to accommodate the door and you end up with a couple chairs instead.

Is this the same case with the grand suites or does the furniture layout remain the same? I'd LOVE to see a picture of a connecting grand suite on any of the voyager class ships if anyone has one.

thanks

Hello~~

I just looked at a brochure and at the RCI website at deck plans for the Navigator. Your stateroom is a regular stateroom connecting to nothing. :)

Leslie

I know I have seen this before, but I can't find the picture now. But I can tell you that the furniture layout remains the same, but I believe, if I remember correctly, you have one less side table next to the sofa. I will look for the picture for you.

Found it. Here is the photo. Notice the lack of a side table next to the sofa. That is the only difference.

http://travel.webshots.com/photo/2276217690050360393dlWNWE

And here is a link to a non-connecting to see the difference

http://images17.fotki.com/v324/photos/4/45949/3748046/catGS_NVMA_060705_019-vi.jpg

FritzLA, thanks so much for those pictures! I must say it doesn't look too intrusive (not like I'll really miss that extra table); however, I still think I'm going to try to move to a non-connecting GS if possible. With all of the discussion about the noise intrusion, I'd rather just resolve the issue by moving staterooms as opposed taking the risk.

Thanks again.

Archived