Rain and Private Excursions? What to do?

sawmillbarb

We are leaving tomorrow on the Legend and I had a thought this morning....What happens to the excursions if it is really rainy? I wrote all our excursion operators, but don't know if I'll hear back before we leave.

We've booked:

Nativeways GC - stingrays, coral and starfish snorkeliing

Victor Bodden - ziplining

Yhonny - cavetubing

Still undecided about PB or Nachi in Cozumel.

Thanks

Barbara

We are leaving tomorrow on the Legend and I had a thought this morning....What happens to the excursions if it is really rainy? I wrote all our excursion operators, but don't know if I'll hear back before we leave.

We've booked:

Yhonny - cavetubing

Thanks

Barbara

When we were in St. Thomas we were booked on a tour with an operator called Sunny Liston. About noon time after our shopping and when he was going to take us on the tour of the island the skies opened up. I was a bit upset but I figured I wasn't going to let rain ruin my time in St. Thomas. That was my first time there and I always wanted to see the island. It did stop after a while and when we went to Sapphire Beach it held out. We just made the best of it and had a great time anyway. Did you prepay with any of your tours? Do you have a phone number for any of them? Maybe you can call.

Also, it might not even rain. Don't worry and just go and have a great time. :D

It would be the same as if you booked it through the cruiseline. You take the tour with no refund. It rained the entire time on a tour we booked with the cruiseline in Freeport. But we made the most of it. Pack a pancho and mini umbrella and enjoy yourself. It will most likely rain a little as you are going to a tropical area. Be prepared for it and you'll be more relaxed. Let me know about the coral ans starfish tour. We just switched to it from the rays, reef and Rum Point due to time limitations. I would love to hear about it. Have a great trip

We've booked:

Yhonny - cavetubing

You're doing most of the same we're doing in March. Although we're doing the Rays, Reef and Rum Point tour in GC. The GC excursion is the only one you've pre-paid on. They'll only refund your money if the ship doesn't come in to port. For the others, it would not be fair to them, but you could skip meeting up with those tours if it's raining without penalty.

For Coz, we're going to Nachi. I don't think you can get in there without a reservation through Island Marketing. I'd be interested in hearing if you are able to get in there without one. If you make a reservation, you're charged the following deposit amount which would be forfeited if you don't show up due to rain:

"A $12 usd/ adult,$7usd/child (12-17) and $5usd (4yrs-11) Deposit is required in order to secure your reservation (fully refunded in the event your Ship does not make it into port."

We were in GC in September, and it rained like cats and dogs while we were there. We were with Capt. Marvins, and they said that they would wait until it blew over before going out and then take us out (the four of us that decided to ride it out). He said that because the island is so small, the storms don't last very long, and he was right. We didn't get our entire tour (no lunch) but we did the stingrays and one snorkel stop. We were refunded the price of the full day tour and only paid for half a day, AND we got a free tour of the island while we were waiting for the rain to stop.

I have heard good things about Nativeways, and I am sure they wouldn't hesitate to do the same thing. Don't worry about Grand Cayman and rain. The people who booked a tour with the ship didn't get to go. Some people who were taking a later tender didn't even get to get off the SHIP in time because of the timing of the rain!

Archived