Mandatory service fee on Wind?

vegaspatk

Sorry if this has been asked and answered before but I am new. Is there the mandatory 10.00 per day service fee added on to your bill on the Wind as on the POA or is it the traditional tipping at the end of the cruise? Am quited confused as to whether you tip each service person daily (cabin steward, waiter etc) or do they still give you the envelope at the end of the cruise for the tips??
Thanks

At this time there is a $10 "tip" added to your on-board account each day for each person in your room. (I believe it's $5 for children). You may adjust this amount if you wish. After Jan 1 I believe there will be a mandatory svc chg added that is not considered a "tip". As far as we're concerned, we don't mind the tip being added and only hope it's dispersed fairly. With free-style cruising you are assisted by so many different waiters, etc it would be hard to tip everyone yourself. We usually tip extra where extra is due. I'm sure others with more info will reply. It is a very confusing subject these days. Happy Sails. :)

[quote name='cdkempton']At this time there is a $10 "tip" added to your on-board account each day for each person in your room. (I believe it's $5 for children). You may adjust this amount if you wish. After Jan 1 I believe there will be a mandatory svc chg added that is not considered a "tip". As far as we're concerned, we don't mind the tip being added and only hope it's dispersed fairly. With free-style cruising you are assisted by so many different waiters, etc it would be hard to tip everyone yourself. We usually tip extra where extra is due. I'm sure others with more info will reply. It is a very confusing subject these days. Happy Sails. :)[/QUOTE]

The new unadjustable Tip does not go into effect until May 2005. The $10 pp minimum tip on your account makes it easy. Without it you have to carry cash all the time to tip as service is rendered. You could never find everyone the last night like a traditional cruise.

Archived