My Cruise price SANK !

Captain Funtime

I think we are on the same cruise. Celebration on the 10th? I called last week and got $100 on board credit and realized it went down again today, so will hopefully get some more. I booked through my credit card's travel agency and they were the ones that got the credit for me. It's quite simple. Call before the price changes again.

good luck!

Fred.... I e-mailed my PVP over the weekend. If she doesn't respond today I will call her.

f s f

Hopefully the price wont go up. As someone mentioned you dont have to wait on your PVP, you can call and speak with anyone to get your price adjustment. If it were me, I would be on the phone right now.

My Elation cruise in Feb. just dropped in price also...I called my TA and saved $37 for me and $57 for my DS ..My TA told me it was not a problem as long as final pymt date has not yet passed...which is Dec 6th I have already made final pymt about 6 weeks ago so i will get a OBC. I looked at it like i just got my Fuel sur-charge money back:D

My Elation cruise in Feb. just dropped in price also...I called my TA and saved $37 for me and $57 for my DS ..My TA told me it was not a problem as long as final pymt date has not yet passed...which is Dec 6th I have already made final pymt about 6 weeks ago so i will get a OBC. I looked at it like i just got my Fuel sur-charge money back:D
You can still get price adjustments as OBC after final payment date. I did twice on the same sailing. First one was about 6 weeks before sailing and the second was about 2 weeks later. Keep checking until you sail. As long as your category is showing then you are entitiled.

You can still get price adjustments as OBC after final payment date. I did twice on the same sailing. First one was about 6 weeks before sailing and the second was about 2 weeks later. Keep checking until you sail. As long as your category is showing then you are entitiled.

Depends on the TA, some wont do any adjustments or OBC after final payment. Thats one of the first questions people should ask their TA. Some have quirky rules.

How do you find out IF there is a price change on your cruise?:confused: I'm sure it is an easy thing, but I'm puzzled. We are sailing on the Celebration 01/12/2008.:D I booked thru a agency, not thru Carnival.

You have to do a fake booking to check prices. That will show you if there has been a price change. You can also get active in your roll call, usually there are one or more pax that are tracking cruise pricing.

I've been checking the price for my mother, for this cruise.....Celebration 12/10. It has dropped drastically. For some reason, Carnival's website does not show the past guest rate, but another well gnome website does ;) . She originally booked a 6A for $329 pp & $219 for the 3rd. It has now dropped to $249pp & $169 for the 3rd. She called & Carnival honored her price drop. She now has a $260 OBC waiting for her (that's including her $50 welcome home email she received after the Glory in September). All I can say is you need to call. Yes, she booked directly through Carnival. I was going to book this cruise myself (inside for $219), but I'm stuck babysitting my brother's kids so he can go with her. I would absolutely call and get your OBC.

Good luck,

Michelle

It has dropped drastically. For some reason, Carnival's website does not show the past guest rate, but another well gnome website does

Good luck,

Michelle

The Carnival site wont show Past guset rate unless you enter the applicable past guest code.

Congrats on checking and getting the OBC.

Hey Freddy, all I can tell you is to keep calling, I'm sure you will get someone different each time........don't give up!!!!

Thanks Chillaxin, although if this had been my cruise, I would have had no such luck as to a price cut (OBC). I did try to use my past guest code (or rather my husband's) and the price did not change at all.. I told my mother with all that money I saved her, I'm sure to get a really nice souvenier :D

Michelle

Archived