My Cruise price SANK !

Captain Funtime

Bad news Freddy.............I hope you documented all the people you spoke with. I just went back on Carnival's website, as well as the other well gnome website, and both have jumped sky high again. All this in a matter of a couple hours. I would still try again.

Michelle

Funship Freddy,

I recieved my first credit last week and my last one yesterday around 9am. so far for 3 people, I have gotten 159.00. According to the website I look at, the prices are up again, so you may be out of luck. Would the pvp not give you the credit because you booked through a TA? That's what they told me, too, but my TA got on it fast, so I received it anyways.

We'll keep watching and let you know if it goes down again.

Good luck- only 6 days to go!

Almapsy,

I booked through my PVP (for what that was worth). I have been watching the prices and this weekend I found it for $229 (6B). I immediately e-mailed my PVP and then again yesterday am AND I called and got her voice mail. She didn't call me for a couple hours..so I called her again and got her voice mail. That makes two e-mails and two telephone calls. She finally called me yesterday afternoon and left me a message that she was going to talk to her supervisor and she would call me with the amount. She then called later and told me that they would not give me an adjustment. She transferred me to a supervisor who gave me a whole lot of ...... including the statement that my pvp doesn't work on weekends and her hours are on the e-mails my pvp sends me. (Not true) The supervisor said that someone else would call me.... I have heard nothing.

f s f

... I booked through my PVP (for what that was worth). I have been watching the prices and this weekend I found it for $229 (6B). I immediately e-mailed my PVP and then again yesterday am AND I called and got her voice mail. She didn't call me for a couple hours..so I called her again and got her voice mail. That makes two e-mails and two telephone calls. She finally called me yesterday afternoon and left me a message that she was going to talk to her supervisor and she would call me with the amount. She then called later and told me that they would not give me an adjustment. She transferred me to a supervisor who gave me a whole lot of ...... including the statement that my pvp doesn't work on weekends and her hours are on the e-mails my pvp sends me. (Not true) The supervisor said that someone else would call me.... I have heard nothing..
CALL BACK.

While I love working with my PVP directly this is why I don't wait to speak to my PVP when I see a price drop. I will call and if I get voice mail I hang up and call the main number immediately. My PVP told me not to wait to speak to him as anything can happen and he wants to be sure I get all the credit I have coming. Next time don't wait - make sure you have an answer that day.

I do know that they won't give credit in certain curcumstances. For example - you book a 6B and notice the prices went down on the 6C's to below the price you paid on your 6B - but there is no pricing on a 6B because they are all sold out. Your only option to get any credit is to take the upgrade and possibly get some OBC. I don't necessarily see this as a good thing as I select my cabin way in advance to get what I want. One time we were offered an upgrade and some credit but the cabin was right under the Lido deck - plus we had 3 cabins in a row booked and they would have spread us out all over the ship - so I declined the upgrade and hence the OBC that went with it. But I was happy with that.

I guess my point is - there has to be a rate there for the same category you booked in order for them to give you credit - or you may have to switch categories. Not saying this is your case (as it appears you are trying for the same category) - but didn't want people to think every case warrants a credit.

FSF,

Sorry about that. I would try to call back, but I'm sure you know that. I just know their super policy of best price guaranteed is a reason some would book with them, so they should stand by it.

I just consider my obc a bonus and didn't expect to ever get it, as I was happy with the original price I got.

I'm sure you'll enjoy the cruise, regardless.:D

FSF,

Sorry about that. I would try to call back, but I'm sure you know that. I just know their super policy of best price guaranteed is a reason some would book with them, so they should stand by it.

I'm sure you'll enjoy the cruise, regardless.:D

BPG doesnt have anything to do with them adjusting prices. Here is the BPG

http://www.carnivalcruiselines.com/cms/Static_Templates/Best_Price_Guarantee_hm2.aspx?wt.mc_id=HmpgBestPriceGuarHM81707

1x1.gifbest_price_logo2.gif

With our Best Price Guarantee, you can be completely confident with the rate you receive. Very simply, you won't find a lower advertised price online for Carnival cruises.

If you do find a lower advertised price online within 24 hours of making your online booking with us, we will refund the difference.

Depends on the TA, some wont do any adjustments or OBC after final payment. Thats one of the first questions people should ask their TA. Some have quirky rules.

I'm learning that the hard way. The cruise I have booked my T/A won't do any adjustments since final payment, On the second day christmas sale for my cruise a $200.00 OBC for balcony cabins was offered, she said only way to get it would be to cancel & rebook losing our deposit for 4 people OUCH!!! Also she said even if the price drops under what we paid still no adjustments!

Next cruise 1st question sure will be about price adjustments.

Archived