Flight moved back.

mark&christa

Hello, we are scheduled to fly from Boston to San Juan on 2/24/08. Our flight was scheduled to depart at 7:00 AM, US Airways has moved the flight back to 8:45 AM. We selected the early flight to have some time in San Juan before the ship leaves. Do we have any options on changing to an earlier flight, we have non refundable tickets.

Since the airline changed your flight time, yes, you do have options. I have had this happen before. I would check out the schedule before hand on the web and pick the flight you want...then call the airline and ask to have it changed. I've had to do this more than once and they've always changed it without a problem...or a charge. Good luck to you :)

One hour 45 minutes is technically NOT within the limits for free changes (2 hours is the usual guideline). HOWEVER, if you REALLY want to change, call the airline, AFTER you have picked the flight you want to take.

There are no earlier nonstops from BOS to SJU-8:45 is the earliest. There are only one stoppers from BOS leaving earlier. And to arrive in SJU earlier than your 8:45 flight, you will have to leave BOS at 5:00AM, arriving about noon. All of the other flights arrive SJU at least an hour later than your 8:45AM flight, so no help there.

You now have only two choices-take the flight you are booked on or leave at 5:00AM (means you will have to be at the airport no later than 3:30AM). I know what my choice would be.

US Airways offered us the same flight the day before or a full refund. We were able to get a great deal for a hotel and are flying out a day early.

Your vacation is starting off very well. Congrats and Enjoy!!!!

Archived