12 Days Till Majesty Cruise And Still No Tickets!

nomie

I am new to NCL and also booking through a TA. Saw a great deal online so called and booked the Sept 19th sailing on the Majesty out of Boston. I keep on calling the TA and they said NCL was shut down for 5 days due to the hurricane and there was problems printing the tickets :confused: :confused: The TA said they would be sent out Fri(they don't even have them yet themselves)by FedEX at a big expence to them. They said 500 people are without tickets. I think they mean on other sailings also for that date. Has anyone ever heard of such a thing and is anyone in this situation. Hate to think I am the only one. I did call NCL also but got a run around there. I have been on two Princess cruises and have booked directly with them and never had a problem. Would love to hear from anyone in this same situation or anyone who has had this experience or knows what I should do.

The cruise lines, as with most businesses, have been shut down since last Friday and many places still without electricity.

If you don't receive your documents, they will be issued to you at the pier. That is not uncommon, especially for late bookings. Just make sure you have your proper ID and your cruise reservation number.

You need to be patient. You may experience some inconvenience, but think of what the state of Miami is experiencing right now!

Good luck and enjoy your cruise on the Majesty and the beautiful island of Bermuda!

I realize it's not a late booking, just making a comparison, that late bookings usually require pier pickup. If that becomes the case, look for the pier pickup Kiosk outside the Black Falcon terminal. The baggage handlers will direct you there so you can get luggage tags for your luggage. Also, if you pre-registered online at NCL, bring your copy of the pre-registration form with you. All your info is in the NCL computer and the NCL reps at check-in just have to hand-write a ticket, takes just minutes.

We don't have our docs yet either (sailing 10/17 so we have some time). I know we can pick them up at the pier but it is exciting getting them. Just adds to the anticipation of going on a cruise. I'm hoping to get them sometime soon since others on the same cruise already have theirs. It's just fun to receive them in the mail and looking over all the info. This will be my 8th cruise and I still get really excited, it's okay to want them.

we do not have our tickets for 9/25/04 sailing on the Sea - not a late booking - our parent's tickets came in almost 3 weeks ago - all booked and paid for at the same time with the same credit card - I am really getting nervous - TA says no big deal - will let you know if our tickets ever arrive.

I was told when I booked my next cruise that I should expect my docs approx 7 days prior to departure... but in any case you don't really need to have them in hand (I know you WANT them of course) but try not to stress.

If they don't arrive... think of it like this.

It's like an airline eticket. As long as you have your information like reservation number and your ID and you show up on the early side, you'll be fine.

I'd also bring the directions CaribBeantown wrote about the Kiosk, so you remember what to look for.

Good luck, and have an amazing time! !

Thanks for all your concerns and advice. I did talk to my local TA today(who I have another cruise booked with) and she said her people on this sailing got their tickets a month ago so I guess the trouble is with the TA and not NCL. Still,I want my tickets. Will post when or if they come.

Suites will tickets before others (usually). I wouldn't blame the TA, NCL and all other cruiselines don't print their tickets up by travel agency, the print by cabin #. So if the other clients had a higher number cabin than yours, the TA will get their tickets before yours. This is what our TA explained to us.

There was a mix up with our cabin no also. We were booked on the 7th deck and when I went online to fill out the docs I saw that we were switched to the 4th deck. I asked the TA why and she said because joggers go by the window all the time so NCL changed our room. Dosn't make sence to me but I am too upset about the ticket situation to argue about the cabin no. 10 days now and no tickets. Calling tomorrow to see if they were sent out like I was promised they would be on Fri. Will let you all know.

They don't change your cabin unless you booked a guarantee cabin and they won't move you to a lessor category than the category you booked. To be honest, you have too many people walking the 7th deck and jogging. Plus you can't leave your curtains open because even though the glass is coated, people can see in your cabin. This is begining to sound more and more like your TA is to blame.

Nomie, you better call NCL directly and talk to them about this matter. That is a lame excuse for changing your cabin. I've never heard of such a thing. NCL would want to book every cabin regardless of joggers, etc. I truly think your TA is to blame for the entire mess. Please don't wait any longer. They can still straighten this out for you. I'm going on October 10, and I already have my tickets. I've had them for more than a week now. Good luck! Please let us know how you make out.

OK I think I finally got to the bottom of this. First I called the TA and they said the tickets would be sent out on Mon as there was more printing problems. I hung up and called NCL and asked to speak to a supervisor. He told me that they just recieved payment TODAY and that is why no tickets were sent and I would have to pick them up at the pier. I told him I made final payment many weeks ago and he said I better call my TA again. Also my cabin was changed AGAIN! I was trying to make all these phone calls at work(I'm a barber) and people were starting to come in and I had to put my very important phone call on hold for 3 haircuts. They were fast ones,believe me.So I called back finally and asked to speak to the supervisor and was told they were in meetings. I did finally talk to a very helpful person. I told him my story and he said he would call me back within an hour. I didn't believe him but he did call back in 10 min. amd told me he was very sorry but someone made a mistake and a whole bunch of payments were not made to NCL and he is going to give me an upgrade for all my trouble and have my tickets sent out ASAP and would call me back. I told him that I knew my cabin was changed again already.I originally booked a CC on deck 7 then was changed to deck 4 and now I have deck 9 E which was the deck I asked for in the first place. He told me it would have cost me $100.00 more but they are upgrading everybody for all the trouble. Anyhow he did call me back again and said that NCL would be mailing me my tickets direct and I should get them on Mon. So we shall see. Sounds good but I am doubtful. Does anyone know what the diference is between a CC and a E category? From now on I book directly with the cruiseline. Will let you know what happens Mon night. Wish me luck. :rolleyes:

Are you saying that I got a downgrade? I was told that I was upgraded and if I had booked that then it would have cost me another $100.00 I will call them but I want to make sure I get my tickets tomorrow. What a mess this has turned out to be.I just hope those tickets come. 6 days to go!

Finally got my docs and tickets today :D :D :D :D 5 days to go! I got the cabin category all wrong. This is the third(and final) cabin so no wonder I got all mixed up. Anyways I was upgraded from a dd to a cc. The cabin is on deck 9 AFT and has a partically obstructed view. Sounds fine with me. We will still be able to see out and have a larger room. Thanks to everybody for all the help. Still heard of some people waiting for docs though!

Archived