Grand Princess next week

robseat

We are sailing on Grand next Saturday (our 2nd time of this ship). Let me know if anyone has anything particular to check out for you, especially regarding wheelchair accessibility. We are in B301, a balcony room, but previous trip was a perfectly adequate inside room. DH is a quadriplegic and the roll-in shower was fine. I do remember the doors to outside decks were very heavy -- usually needed a passerby to hold open while I pushed him over the bulkhead and thru. We hope the SKywalkers lift is working, as we are to meet the other CC folks on the roll-call there. We have signed up for the Mexican Cuisine class in Cozumel, but may need to provide our own transportation. Transferring into a bus or van would be impossible. I know there is a wheelchair taxi in Coz, but we may rent a car if we can find one that looks do-able, so we can stop and shop or whatever.

check thoroughly before renting a car in Mexico; their laws are far different than ours when it comes to liability (theirs is based on Napoleonic code) and your American insurance is no good in Mexico. You would need to buy Mexican insurance. Also, the only place a car may be available there is at the airport, not at the port, unless there have been recent changes.

Thanks for the advice. We had known about buying the extra "full" insurance, but had hoped to find something close to the dock. If necessary, we will just try to get the wheelchair taxi -- might even be cheaper than renting (and a lot less stressful for me than driving!) DH wants to go to a supermarket and browse around.

• 1 month later...

Me and my brother (he is in a wheelchair)have A301 on her sister, the Golden Princess, on the Feb 9 sailing. Cabin should be identical. Any information as far as the bathroom (big enough for a rolling shower chair, etc), and balcony access, I would appreciate it. Some balconys we have had were a pain to get out to, but these appear fairly deep. Hope so.

Archived