Enchantment issues and booking outside tours

kf4zra

With the issues i have been reading that Enchantment has had, i know some iteneraries have been switched around.

how much notice do they give you that this will happen? i want to book a private tour, but am afraid that i will lose my deposit if the boat changes iteneraries.

i have a tour laid out for a spefic day (my birthday) that RC does not offer.

any suggestions as to what to do? I sail on 12/15

any way to tell if the ship will be running OK by then?

Thanks

John

My suggestion would be to contact the tour operator, and ask them specifically if your deposit is refundable if the ship skips the port. In most cases, this would be the ONLY reason that they would return a deposit.

If they won't do it, I'd be leery of booking it, due to the issues the ship is having.

Can you maybe work out a ressie with them where you will only pay cash at the pier? We've done that a few times, and they've had no problem with it.

I have an outside tour booked in Belize when the Enchantment makes a port call in early January. The tour operator contacted assured us in writing that should things change due to problems with the ship, our deposit will be fully refunded. He also stated that because they have had issues with a few different ships changing iteneraries, their policy is to take a cash payment at the pier rather than charge in advance. I agree with Glama, if they won't guarantee a refund...be leary!

Archived